Blacksn0w RC2 to unlock iPhone iOS 4.0 has been released into Cydia. Blacksn0w RC2 is based on original BlackSn0w and binaries for baseband 05.11.07 released by MSFTGuy to unlock iOS 4.0 GM (aka iPhone OS 4.0) Baseband 05.11.07 for iPhone 3GS. BlackSn0w RC2 is not released by GeoHot. The guy behind Push fix 2.0 has repackaged it for you.
Update: UltraSn0w 0.93 is Out Now! It can unlock all basebands for iPhone 3GS and 3G. (Check the Updates at the bottom)
- This Guide is for iPhone 3GS running OS 3.1.2/3.1.3/4.0GM with OLD BOOTROM.
- Your iPhone 3GS iOS 4.0 MUST be jailbroken. (Jailbreak Guides are linked below.)
- Your iPhone Baseband MUST be at 05.11.07 (You can preserve baseband using PwnageTool)
- It is a little slower to boot because of the increased safety of the release. A 3GS boots to cell connection established in about 90 seconds in iOS 4 now (50% slower than 3.1.X).
- Blacksn0w RC2 is NOT an official unlock tool. The Official unlock tool is expected in a couple of weeks.
Here’s the Blacksn0w RC2 description from Cydia:
Use on Modem Firmware 05.11.07 ONLY!
V1.2: Support for 4.0 GM. Backwards compatible to 3.1.2/3 as well. V1.1: MyWi tethering fix
Geohot’s unlock for 3.1.2/3.1.3/4.0GM on the iPhone 3GS (and probably 3G). Please donate at http://blackra1n.com/ if you enjoy.
With 3.1.3 & 4.0 GM patch (when needed) by msft.guy. Packaged by Pushfix.info
This is an unofficial release but Geohot HAS given me permission to redistribute blacksn0w. All known issues with WiFi loss and boot loops seem to be fixed. If it doesn’t work for some reason, you should still get the SpringBoard. This allows you to uninstall if necessary. It is a little slower to boot because of the increased safety of the release. A 3GS boots to cell connection established in about 90 seconds in iOS 4 now (50% slower than 3.1.X).
Improvements may be made in the future.
Disclaimer: This guide is for informational and educational purposes only. We cannot be held responsible if anything goes wrong so follow it at your own risk.
Unlock iPhone 3GS iOS 4 Baseband 05.11.0
Run the Cydia and go to Manage Tab.
Tap the big Sources button and Add the following source to Cydia (Hit Edit button and then Add):
(How to add a source to Cydia)
Once you have added the above mentioned source, go to Search tab and search for blacksn0w rc2 and install it.
It will unlock your iPhone 3GS on iOS 4 with 05.11.07 baseband.
Reboot your iPhone.. That’s it
You have successfully unlock iPhone 3GS iOS 4.0 firmware 05.11.07 baseband. [via Pushfix]
Jailbreak iOS 4.0
- How to: Jailbreak iOS 4.0
Unlock iOS 4.0
- How to: Unlock iOS 4.0