Dev-team has released PwnageTool 4.0, the jailbreak tool for iOS 4 firmware. Using PwnageTool 4.0, you can jailbreak iPhone 3GS (Old BootRom), iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G (Non-MC) running iOS 4 and it preserves the baseband so you can unlock iPhone 3GS, 3G with UltraSn0w 0.93.
- We strongly recommend you to read PwnageTool 4.0 release notes posted here and then proceed.
- You can jailbreak iPhone 3GS with OLD BOOTROM only + it must already be jailbroken but NOT with Spirit jailbreak.
- Mac OS X only
Disclaimer: This guide is for testing and educational purposes only. Use it at your own risk. We cannot be held responsible if anything goes wrong.
Let’s jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4.0 with PwnageTool 4.0.
Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4 with PwnageTool 4.0
All the required stuff to jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4 firmware is linked below. Download and put everything in a folder on your desktop for quick access.
All the steps to jailbreak iPhone 3GS with PwnageTool are exactly similar to the guide posted earlier. So please navigate to the guide linked below and follow the same steps for iPhone 3GS:
- Jailbreak Me 2.0: the New Userland Jailbreak by Comex
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 3GS, 3G iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G, 2G iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPad iOS 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4 with RedSn0w
- How to: Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G iOS 4 with RedSn0w
- How to: Jailbreak iOS 4