Dev-team has released PwnageTool 4.0, the jailbreak tool for iPhone 3G iOS 4 firmware. Using PwnageTool 4.0, you can jailbreak iPhone 3GS (Old BootRom), iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G (Non-MC) running iOS 4 and it preserves the baseband so you can unlock iPhone 3G, 3GS with UltraSn0w 0.93.
NOTE: iPhone 3G users can also jailbreak iOS 4.0 using RedSn0w 0.9.5 b5-3 but it also updates baseband to 05.13.04. Don’t worry, UltraSn0w can unlock all basebands including 05.13.04, 05.12.01, 05.11.07, and 04.26.08. However PwnageTool jailbreak is the recommended way to update firmware.
In this guide you’ll learn how to jailbreak iPhone 3G running iOS 4 firmware with PwnageTool 4.
- We strongly recommend you to read PwnageTool 4.0 release notes posted here and then proceed.
- Mac OS X only
Disclaimer: This guide is for testing and educational purposes only. Use it at your own risk. We cannot be held responsible if anything goes wrong.
Let’s jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4 with PwnageTool 4.0.
Jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4 with PwnageTool 4.0
All the required stuff to jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4 firmware is linked below. Download and put everything in a folder on your desktop for quick access.
All the steps to jailbreak iPhone 3G with PwnageTool are exactly similar to the guide posted earlier. So please navigate to the guide linked below and follow the same steps for iPhone 3G:
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4 with PwnageTool 4.0
- How to: Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G iOS 4 with RedSn0w 0.9.5 beta
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4 with RedSn0w beta
- AppSync 4 for iOS 4: Install Crack apps
- Jailbreak Me 2.0: the New Userland Jailbreak by Comex
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 3GS, 3G iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G, 2G iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPad iOS 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe
If this page or section of the page needs to be updated, Submit Request
Leave a Reply