Apple has released the final version of IOS 12.1.1 IPSW for compatible iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices. You can download iOS 12.1.1 IPSW final version from the direct download links below.
Apple has released several beta updates for iOS 12.1.1 for both the developers and public beta testers, and now the fruit company has released the final version of it.
iOS 12.1.1 software update comes with numerous new features including the ability to see more details on notification with the help of Hepatic feedback on iPhone XR, Live Photo capturing during FaceTime calls, eSIM support expansion, and much more. This new software update also makes it easier to switch back and forth between the front and rear cameras, bring the steps involved down to a single tap. With iOS 12.1.1, users can now hide the sidebar in News app when using the iPad in landscape mode.
This new update also incorporates several bug fixes. Some of these bug fixes include unavailability of Face ID for an extended period of time, unable to download some visual voicemail messages, and bugs related to predictive text suggestion.
There are numerous other new features. For a detailed rundown, please navigate to this link:
How to install iOS 12.1.1
Apple allows you to easily update to the latest version by installing it as an Over-the-Air update. You can install an OTA update by going to Settings > General > Software Update and follow the on-screen instruction.
However, a clean install of iOS 12.1.1 can be done using iTunes. For a detailed rundown of instructions, please check this link:
Download iOS 12.1.1 IPSW
Here we have official links from Apple servers to download iOS 12.1.1 update for your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. These are iOS 12.1.1 IPSW firmware files and you can install them using iTunes. We have dedicated pages to download iOS updates for iOS devices:
iOS 12.1.1 Change-log
Here is official change-log for iOS 12.1.1 software update:
- Notification preview using haptic touch on iPhone XR
- Dual SIM with eSIM for additional carriers on iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max
- One tap to flip between the rear and front-facing camera during a FaceTime call
- Live Photo capture during one-to-one FaceTime calls
- The option to hide the sidebar in News on iPad in landscape orientation
- Real-time text (RTT) when using Wi-Fi calling on iPad and iPod touch
- Stability improvements for dictation and VoiceOver
Bug fixes include:
- Fixes an issue where Face ID may temporarily become unavailable
- Addresses an issue that prevented visual voicemail from downloading for some customers
- Fixes an issue in Messages that could prevent predictive text suggestions when typing on the Chinese or
- Japanese keyboards
- Addresses an issue that could prevent Voice Memos recordings from uploading to iCloud
- Fixes an issue where time zones may not have updated automatically
- This release also adds features and fixes bugs for HomePod including:
- Support in Mainland China and Hong Kong
- HomePod LEDs illuminate during Group FaceTime calls
- For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222