msft.guy has release PwnageTool bundle for iPhone 3GS on iOS 4. Using these PwnageTool bundles with existing official PwnageTool 3.1.5 will let you create iOS 4 GM custom firmware for iPhone 3GS. So, you can jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4 GM while preserving the baseband so that you may unlock iPhone 3GS with BlackSn0w or UltraSn0w.
msft.guy is the same guy who modified BlackSn0w unlock to enable support for iPhone 3.1.3 05.11.07. It’s very easy to jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4 with PwnageTool using modified bundle. You only have to add msft.guy’s PwnageTool bundles to the official PwnageTool and then you’ll be able to create iOS 4 GM custom firmware.
***This guide is for Already jailbroken iPhone 3GS users only (Jailbroken with redsn0w, PwnageTool, Blackra1n or Sn0wbreeze NOT Spirit). and works on Mac OS only. This works for older BootRom 3Gs only [How to: check iPhone 3GS BootRom] else you’ll end up with 16xx error.
- These are not Official PwnageTool bundles released by the Dev-team.
- If you’re new to the game or do NOT know what you’re doing, better wait for the official PwnageTool to come out.
Disclaimer: Follow the Steps at your own risk. We cannot be held responsible if anything goes wrong.
Let’s jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4 GM by creating PwnageTool Custom Firmware.
Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4 GM with PwnageTool
Update: PwnageTool 4 is out now. You can follow the jailbreak guide here:.
- Jailbreak iOS 4 with PwnageTool
- Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4 with PwnageTool
- Jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4 with PwnageTool
STEP 1 – Required Stuff
- Download PwnageTool
- Download PwnageTool 3.1.5
- Download PwnageTool Bundle for iPhone 3Gs iOS 4 GM [Mirror 1]
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.5b4
- Download iOS 4 GM
STEP 2 – Add Custom Bundles to PwnageTool
- Extract the downloaded iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_bundle.zip.
- Right Click on the PwnageTool.app and click on Show Package Contents.
- Then navigate to the following directory: Contents>Resources>FirmwareBundles and copy the extracted iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_bundle.bundle into FirmwareBundles directory.
STEP 3 – Add New Cydia to PwnageTool
- Right click on the downloaded RedSn0w jailbreak and go to Show Package Contents.
- Go to: Contents>MacOS and copy the Cydia.tar.gz from that folder to your desktop and Extract it.
Now copy the extracted Cydia folder to PwnageTool.app. To do that:
- Right click on Pwnagetool.app and ‘Show Package Contents’.
- Go to : Contents > Resources > CustomPackages and then Right click on ‘CydiaInstaller.bundle’ and ‘Show Package Contents’
- Go to: Files folder and overwrite all the files with the ones you just extracted from redsn0w. That’s it.
STEP 4 – Create Custom iOS 4 Firmware
Now that you have modified the PwnageTool.app, it’s time to create custom iOS 4 firmware with pwnageTool for iPhone 3GS using downloaded iOS 4 GM. If you don’t know how to, follow the guide linked below to create Custom firmware with pwnageTool,
STEP 5. Restore Custom Firmware
Once you’ve created the custom firmware (CFW), Put your iPhone 3Gs into Recovery/Restore Mode and restore your device via iTunes with CFW. That’s it.
Have fun with iPhone 3G iOS 4 jailbroken!
- AppSync 4 for iOS 4: MobileInstallation patch
- Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 with PwnageTool 3.1.5
- Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 with Spirit
- Download Custom Firmware 3.1.3
If this page or section of the page needs to be updated, Submit Request
Leave a Reply