Sn0wbreeze 2.9.14 is now available for download. iH8sn0w has released Sn0wbreeze 2.9.14 with added support for iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak for A4 iOS devices. This latest version of jailbreak tool not only brings tethered jailbreak to A4 devices, but it also supports APTicket validation, in light of the recent issues with APTickets.
If you own a pre-A5 iOS devices such as iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS or iPod Touch 4G and looking for a way to jailbreak it, the recent jailbreak tool version is your ticket to freedom. Please note that Sn0wbreeze is available for Windows OS only.
Sn0wbreeze jailbreak tool not only jailbreaks your iOS device, but it also preserves your iPhone’s baseband, hence allowing you to unlock it with UltraSn0w or Gevey SIM if you have a compatible baseband.
What is Sn0wbreeze?
Sn0wbreeze is a jailbreak tool that allows you to create custom firmware (IPSW) file, similar to PwnageTool. This custom firmware can then be restored to jailbreak and unlock the iPhone, iPad, or the iPhone Touch. The code of Sn0wbreeze is written in C# and is developed by iH8Sn0w. To restore a custom firmware created with it, you will need a version of iTunes older than 11.1 because with any newer iTunes version Apple rehashes the firmware IPSW file before restoring.
Download Sn0wbreeze 2.9.14
Sn0wbreeze 2.9.14 is available for Windows only. You can Download Sn0wbreeze 2.9.14 from the link below:
Sn0wbreeze 2.9.14 [Download Link]
How to Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 / 6.1.3 with Sn0wbreeze
Sn0wbreeze v2.9.14 can jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 and tethered jailbreak A4 devices. This guide is on how to jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4G running iOS 6.1.2/6.1.3 firmware. We’re going to create a custom firmware with it that’ll be pre-jailbroken, and by restoring that custom firmware on iPhone/iPod Touch, it’ll become Jailbroken. Jailbreaking iOS 6.1.2 with Sn0wbreeze is a recommended solution for UltraSn0w or Gevey SIM unlockers as it also preserves the iPhone baseband.
- Sn0wbreeze 2.9.14 brings support for iOS 6.1.3, 6.1.2, iOS 6.1, iOS 6.0.1 and iOS 6.
- Only A4 devices are supported for a tethered jailbreak on iOS 6.1.3.
- Only A4 or older devices are supported on 6.1.2 that includes iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iPhone 3GS only.
- It’s an untethered jailbreak for 6.1.2. Learn more about untethered jailbreak.
- It is available for Windows only.
Step 1 – Downloads
Step 2 – Run the Sn0wbreeze.exe on your computer. Click Ok button and then hit the next Arrow button to proceed.
Note: Windows 8 users will need to download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 from here.
Step 3 – Click “Browse for an IPSW” button and select iOS 6.1.2 IPSW file, hit next.
Step 4 – Select “Simple Mode” and click Next. The jailbreak tool will start building the custom iOS 6.1.2 for your device which may take several minutes. Once done, sn0wbreeze will prompt you if you want to donate to evad3rs, the team behind evasi0n. Then you’ll see the “Done!” message. You can find Sn0wbreeze 6.1.2 custom firmware on your desktop named: “sn0wbreeze_*.ipsw”.
Step 5 – *This step is important*
Click the OK button and follow the on-screen instructions to put your iPhone/iPod Touch into DFU mode. Connect your device to your computer and turn it OFF and click the Start button:
- Prepare to press Home and Power buttons;
- Press and hold the Home and Power;
- Keep holding the Home button.
Once your iPhone/iPod Touch has successfully entered DFU mode, the iREB feature of Sn0wbreeze will enter your device in PWNED DFU Mode and a confirmation message will pop up.
Step 6 – Now close the jailbreak tool, open iTunes, hold down the Shift/Option key and hit the Restore button;
Browse and select the custom firmware 6.1.2 from the desktop (that you just created);
iTunes will start restoring custom iOS 6.1.2 on your iPhone/iPod Touch;
That’s it! You’ve successfully jailbroken iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 4G on iOS 6.1.2 with Sn0wbreeze. In case of iPhone 4/3GS, you’ve also preserved the baseband so you can use UltraSn0w/Gevey SIM.
How to Tether Boot
Like I told you earlier, it’s a tethered jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 firmware version. Here is how to tether boot your device if you have jailbroken it using Sn0wbreeze running iOS 6.1.3 version.
- On your desktop, there’ll be a new folder named iBooty. Open the folder and run the iBooty.exe.
- Select your device from the drop-down menu (bottom-right) and hit the start button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to put your iDevice into DFU mode.
- Hold Power + Home buttons for 10 seconds.
- Now release the Power button but keep holding the Home button for 10-30 more seconds
- Your device should now be in DFU mode
- Once you’re into DFU mode, iBooty will do the rest and your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch will boot into the jailbroken state!