If you’ve unlocked your iPhone firmware 3.1.3 using either UltraSn0w or BlackSn0w, then most probably your push notifications won’t be working. There are some solutions out there to fix push notifications which are either paid or doesn’t work correctly..
PushFix is one of those fixes for push notifications available in the Cydia but it is not a perfect solution as it uses a single shared certificate for all users which results in battery drainage and more cellular data access.
A new package named Push Doctor has been released in Cydia which provides a perfect solution to fix push notifications on unlocked iPhone. Push Doctor gives you genuine activation certifications that are always unique. Previous fixes resulted in activation certifications being shared with other users and the best thing about Push Doctor is it’s FREE and supported by the iPhone Dev-Team.
If you want to fix push notification on unlocked iPhone 3.1.3, go for the Push Doctor. If you have a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone, below is the step-by step guide to fix push notification on iPhone 3GS, 3G and 2G on firmware 3.1.3, firmware 3.1.2.
NOTE: In order to enable push notifications your iPhone must be jailbroken and unlocked. Both iPhone 3.1.3 Jailbreak and unlock guides and linked below. Please remove if you already have any other push fix installed.
Fix Push Notifications on Unlocked iPhone 3.1.3, 3.x
In order to enable push notification on hacktivated iPhone, Go to Cydia and add the follow the following source/repo:
How to: add repo to Cydia
Once the repo is added to the Cydia, go to search tab and search for Push Doctor. and install it
Once you’ve installed the Push Doctor onto your iPhone, reboot it.
Now simply install an app from the app store which has push notification feature.
Enjoy! the push notifications on your hacktivated iPhone 3.1.3. Don’t forget to leave your feedback in the comments section and also feel free to ask any question.
Jailbreak iPhone Firmware 3.1.3:
- Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 using RedSn0w
- Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G/1G using RedSn0w 0.9.4
- Jailbreak iPhone Firmware 3.1.3 using PwnageTool
- Jailbreak iPhone Firmware 3.1.3 using Sn0wbreeze
- Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G/1G 3.1.3 using Sn0wbreeze
- Download iPhone 3.1.3 custom firmware
Jailbreak iPhone Firmware 3.1.2:
- Jailbreak iPhone, iPod Touch 3.1.2 with RedSn0w 0.9
- Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 with Sn0wbreeze
- Jailbreak iPhone, iPod Touch 3.1.2 Using BlackRa1n
- Download iPhone 3.1.2 Custom Firmware
Unlock iPhone 3.1.3, 3.1.2
- Unlock iPhone 3.1.3 using UltraSn0w
- Unlock iPhone 3.1.2 using UltraSn0w
- Unlock iPhone 3.1.3 using BlackSn0w
- Unlock iPhone 3.1.2 using BlackSn0w
You may also be interested in:
- How to: install cracked games on iPhone 3.1.3
- How to: send files from iPhone via Bluetooth
- How to: fix Recovery loop
- How to: fix error 16xx during custom firmware restore