GeoHot has released RC3 of BlackRa1n jailbreak for iPhone. So, In this guide you will learn how to jailbreak iPhone and iPod Touch on OS 3.1.2 using BlackRa1n for Windows.
- BlackRa1n jailbreaks all iPhones and iPod Touch models
- BlackRa1n jailbreak will work with the latest 3.1.2 firmware. So Update to Latest iPhone OS 3.1.2 first.
- Now BlackRa1n RC3 features BlackSn0w that will let you unlock your iPhone even Baseband 05.11.07 is unlockable now.
- BlackRa1n also Jailbreaks iPod Touch 3G but it’s a tethered jailbreak. Which means whenever you would restart your Touch or it turns OFF because of empty battery then you will need to rerun BlackRa1n.
In the end, usual warning applies: Use it on your Own.
Jailbreak iPhone, iPod Touch using BlackRa1n RC3
- Update your iTunes to latest version.
- Install the latest firmware in your iPod or iPhone. You can download iPhone OS 3.1.2 from here:
- Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 2G
- Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 3G
- Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 3GS
For those with a new iPhone 3GS (updated Bootrom), BlackRa1n only supports a tethered jailbreak. This means that once jailbroken you should not let your battery die. If it does die you will need to reconnect it to the computer and use BlackRa1n to boot it.
Steps are same for Windows and Mac users
and download BlackRa1n RC3 by clicking on the Windows/Mac icon at the bottom of the page and save it on your desktop.
IMPORTANT: Download BlackRa1n only from the website mentioned above.
Now execute the BlackRa1n.exe from your desktop by double clicking on it.
Now connect your iPhone or iPod to your PC and hit the make it Ra1n button.
Now your iPhone will go into Recovery Mode.
Regular Recovery Mode screen will be replaced with picture of GeoHot.
After the BlackRa1n has done its stuff, your iPhone or iPod will Reboot.
Then a Popup will appear telling you that BlackRa1n is a free tool and if you like it you can donate at email@example.com
Once your iPhone is back ON you will see a BlackRa1n named icon on your iPhone SpringBoard. Which means your iPhone or iPod has successfully been jailbroken.
Tap on the BlackRa1n icon on SpringBoard. (Make sure your iPhone/iPod have internet connection)
Now choose your desired installer from the given choices and press the Install button at top-right. Choose Sn0w only if your want to Unlock.
BlackRa1n will download your selected package and then install it.
Once all done your iPhone/iPod will respring and you will find your selected package icon on SpringBoard.
That’s it. If you have any problem or any query, use the comment section.
To unlock your iPhone, follow this guide:
for iPhone 3GS and 3G
Unlock iPhone OS 3.1.2 Baseband 05.11.07
for iPhone 2G:
Unlock iPhone 2G OS 3.1.2
If BlackRa1n doesn’t work for you for any reason you can always try RedSn0w: