Redsn0w 0.9.6b2 is now available for Download. You can now Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G, iPod Touch 4G, 3G, 2G, iPad 3.2.2 and Apple TV 2G. RedSn0w 0.9.6b2 now comes loaded with Limera1n exploit, Custom Boot Logos, Pwned-DFU Mode to restore Custom IPSW.
RedSn0w 0.9.6b2 includes the following extras:
- Custom bootlogos for iPhone3G/iPhone3GS/iPod2G users (with qualifying bootroms)
- An option that implements the “DFU” button in PwnageTool. This button (which you can use from Windows) lets you prepare your device for a custom DFU. Even if you’re purely a Windows user, you can get a trusted friend to run PwnageTool over your IPSW to create a custom IPSW. You can now install that custom IPSW on your own Windows box, after you run this redsn0w version.
Warning: If you depend on unlock, better stay away from RedSn0w, Limera1n and Greenpois0n because these tools requires you to be running iOS 4.1 which comes with 05.14.02, 02.10.04 baseband (not unlockable ATM) and wait for an UltraSn0w update or use PwnageTool to preserve current baseband.
Instructions to jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G, iPod Touch 4G, 3G, 2G, iPad 3.2.2 and Apple TV 2G using RedSn0w 0.9.6b2 are exactly similar to the RedSn0w 0.9.6b1 guide. Navigate to the link below and follow the steps mentioned there to jailbreak iOS 4.1 with RedSn0w 0.9.6b2. (Steps are same for both Mac and Windows)
- RedSn0w 0.9.6b2 for Windows [Mirror 1] [Mirror 2]
- RedSn0w 0.9.6b2 for Mac OS X [Mirror 1] [Mirror 2]
- Download iOS 4.1
- AppSync 4.1 : Install Cracked Apps on iOS 4.1
- Save SHSH blobs for iOS 4.1 with TinyUmbrella
- Downgrade iOS 4.2 to iOS 4.1