Sherif Hashim has found a new exploitable crash in iPhone baseband which may lead to and unlock for iOS 4.2 and iOS 4.1 Baseband 05.14.02 and 02.10.04.
This is what Sherif Hashim tweeted:
hmm.., 95% of the tweets i get (at least the last 500) are either about 5.14 or 2.10 🙂
since nearly all my received tweets ask about both BB, I can report very early “initial” 1st step success on both sides, calmed down? 🙂
this won’t be feasible before the official 4.2 release at the earliest if everything went fine
MuscleNerd has also confirmed the iOS 4.2 unlock is a tweet saying:
There is an unlock on the horizon for both new jailbreakers and old, possibly not released until 4.2 though.
iOS 4.2 final is hitting masses in November as a universal firmware for all iOS based devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch). So, a few more weeks to go and we’ll meet the iOS 4.2 unlock which will also unlock all older firmware baseband. GeoHot is also rumored to be working on LimeSn0w.
iPhone 4 users, however, can still update to iOS 4.1 without updating baseband, Here is how to. Limera1n and Greenpois0n jailbreak are already out to jailbreak iOS 4.1 for all iOs devices. Follow the guides linked below to jailbreak iOS 4.1:
- How to: jailbreak iPhone 4 / 3GS iOS 4.1 with Limera1n
- How to: jailbreak iPhone 4 / 3GS iOS 4.1 with Greenpois0n
- How to: jailbreak iPod Touch 4G / 3G iOS 4.1 with Limera1n
- How to: jailbreak iPod Touch 4G / 3G iOS 4.1 with Greenpois0n
- How to: jailbreak iPad 3.2.2 with Limera1n
- How to: jailbreak iPad iOS 3.2.2 with Greenpois0n