If you have an iPhone 4 unlocked with Gevey SIM running iOS 4.x.x and now want to update to iOS 5 with Gevey Unlock, this guide is for you. You can unlock iPhone 4 iOS 5 with Gevey SIM by following the instructions below which tells you how to preserve iPhone 4 baseband while updating to iOS 5, jailbreak and then unlock with Gevey SIM.
What is Gevey SIM Interposer?
Gevey Sim is an unlock solution for iPhone 4 with baseband 01.59.00, 02.10.04, 03.10.01, and 04.10.01 on iOS 4.x.x, and iOS 5.0. Unlike UltraSn0w, Gevey SIM is a hardware solution, a SIM interposer sits between the SIM card and the Modem to perform a classical MITM. Gevey SIM interposer should always stay in-between SIM card and the iPhone modem in order to stay unlocked.
If you’ve an UltraSn0w unlockable baseband 01.59.00, you’re recommended to navigate to this guide:
Since Gevey SIM unlock depends on preserved iOS 4.x.x baseband, you’ll need to use RedSn0w’s “Custom IPSW” feature
Let’s Unlock iPhone 4 iOS 5 with gevey Ultra SIM
Unlock iPhone 4 iOS 5 with Gevey SIM
Step 1 – Preserve iPhone 4 Baseband
If your iPhone 4 is running iOS 4.x.x and has any of these basebands: 01.59.00 / 02.10.00 / 03.10.1 / 04.10.1, make sure you update to iOS 5 using a custom firmware with preserved baseband in order to unlock with Gevey SIM.
Follow this guide to preserve iPhone 4 baseband while updating to iOS 5:
How to: Preserve iPhone 4 baseband
Step 2 – Jailbreak iOS 5
Now you need to jailbreak you iPhone 5 running iOS 5 with preserved baseband. To jailbreak iOS 5, follow this guide:
Step 3 – Unlock with Gevey SIM
After the jailbreak, your iPhone 4 should be activated. Setup the iPhone 4. Now:
- Go to: Settings > General > Network and Turn OFF the 3G
- Turn Off the iPhone
- Eject and reinsert the SIM card along with Gevey SIM and turn the iPhone ON
- When turned ON, The iPhone will begin Searching… for the network
- After Searching for a few seconds, following popup should appear, hit the Accept button
- Now wait for 15 seconds;
- Then dial 112 and hang up after 2 seconds. The call does Not need to connect;
- Go to Setting app and Turn the Airplane Mode ON.
- After a few seconds, “No SIM Card Installed” message should appear, hit the OK button;
- Now turn OFF the Airplane mode; two popups should appear; the later one with “Invalid SIM Card” message. Don’t do anything and wait till the message disappears;
- As soon as the message disappears, iPhone should show the signal bars at the top-left.
That’s it! If the process fails, reboot, reinsert SIM and retry. Enjoy your unlocked iPhone 4 on iOS 5 with gevey SIM.
*** Remember that, on every reboot, you’ll have to repeat the GEVEY SIM process (Step 3) to get the signals back.
If this page or section of the page needs to be updated, Submit Request
Leave a Reply