MuscleNerd from the iPhone Dev-Team has shared a quick info sheet for the upcoming iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak from Pod2G. He details that the release of iOS 5.1.1 untethered by the end of this week is highly likely.
Hit the jump for the detailed Quick Info Sheet for iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak…
This is what MuscleNerd tweeted:
Quick info sheet for 5.1.1 jailbreak+untether: musclenerd.com/quick511info.t…
— MuscleNerd (@MuscleNerd) May 21, 2012
Here’s the iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak Quick Sheet:
* All info below is tentative and subject to last minute refinements
* @pod2g’s 5.1.1 jailbreak+untether is working out great. All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking.
– the initial 5.1.1 plan used a kernel exploit from @westbaer which unfortunately precluded use in iPod3,1 and iPhone2,1
– @planetbeing stepped up and provided a kernel exploit that covers both of those. Those two JBers are the bomb!
* The 5.1.1 A5 JB is very similar to the A5 5.0.1 JB. @pimskeks has done a tremendous job supporting both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 in absinthe
* Similar to 5.0.1, there will also be a 5.1.1 CLI “cinject” binary and redsn0w version of the 5.1.1 JB+untether. Absinthe, cinject, and redsn0w will all provide the same JB in different fashions.
– timing is indeterminate. Plans are for this week, but a number of factors can influence that.
* For those wishing to donate, we’ve set up a new 5.1.1 paypal URL: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4U6DQGJ2NRVUN
* Please don’t pirate AppStore apps (seriously, please do not).