iOS 5.0.1 firmware is now available for download. Apple has released iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, iPad 2, iPad and iPod Touch 4G/3G. You can download iOS 5.0.1 firmware for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch from the links below…
Hit the jump for the change-log, installation instructions, and download links…
Among other fixes it appears to be one for the bug discovered by Charlie Miller, which allowed execution of unsigned code in App Store apps. iOS 5.0.1 contains improvements and other bug fixes including:
- Fixes bugs affecting battery life
- Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
- Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
- Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
Jailbreakers and unlockers must stay away from iOS 5.0.1 until further notice. Better stay with iOS 5 because iPhone Dev Team, Chronic Dev Team and Pod2g are already working on iOS 5 untethered jailbreak.
Products compatible with this software update: iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (3rd generation)
Download iOS 5.0.1
You can download iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad and iPod Touch 4G/3G from the links below:
- Download iOs 5.0.1 for iPhone 4S (9A406) – iPhone4,1_5.0.1_9A406_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOs 5.0.1 for iPhone 4S (9A405) – iPhone4,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone 3GS – iPhone2,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone 4 GSM – iPhone3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone 4 CDMA – iPhone3,3_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOS 5.0.1 for iPad 1 – iPad1,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOS 5.0.1 for iPad 2 – iPad 2 WiFi | iPad 2 (GSM) | iPad 2 (CDMA)
- Download iOS 5.0.1 for iPod Touch 3G – iPod3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw
- Download iOS 5.0.1 for iPod Touch 4G – iPod4,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw
How to Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1
- How to: Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered with RedSn0w
- How to: Untethered Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 with Corona Untether 5.0.1
How to Update to iOS 5.0.1
*** Not recommended for unlockers/Jailbreakers
- Connect your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad to your computer running iTunes 10.5 or later via USB cable
- New firmware iOS 5.0.1 availability message will appear
- Hit the “Download and Install” button.
- It’ll download and install iOS 5.0.1 on your iDevice.
- Download iOS 5 firmware for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch from the links above.
- Open iTunes and connect your iDevice via USB cable
- Select your device from the left navigation pane on iTunes
- Hold down the Shift (Windows) or Alt/Option (Mac) key and hit the restore button on iTunes
- Browse and select the downloaded iOS 5.0.1 IPSW file. Let the restore process complete.