TaiG jailbreak has been updated with iOS 8.1.2 firmware which was released by Apple to address some ringtones related bugs resulting in purchased ringtones disappearance from the device. In this guide you’ll learn how to jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch with TaiG jailbreak.
Please read these important points before proceeding with the jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 steps.
- TaiG jailbreak is currently available for Windows users only.
- TaiG supported following iOS versions: iOS 8.1.2 and iOS 8.1.1.
- Following iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devcies are supported by TaiG jailbreak:
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G
- Backup your device data either using iCloud or iTunes before trying the jailbreak process. The jailbreak is tested and works in most cases. However, it’s always good to have an escape plan in case something goes wrong.
- TaiG needs internet access, and your AntiVirus or Firewall program may prevent it from doing so. It’s advised to either allow TaiG in your security software or disable the firewall/AntiVirus during the jailbreak process.
How to Jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 with TaiG
These are the instructions to jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 with TaiG jailbreak:
- Download TaiG jailbreak and extract the download .zp file to get the TaiG .exe file.
- Disable Passcode: Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.
- Turn off Find My iPhone: Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.
- Now connect your device to your computer with USB cable.
- Now right click on the extracted TaiG executable file and select “Run as Administrator” option.
- Let TaiG detect and recognize the connected device, which may take some time. Once the device has been detected, make sure that TaiG shows the correct firmware version. Deselect the cehck box just below the Cydia 1.1.16 option, which is a Chinese TaiG app store.
- Now click the jailbreak button in green. A circular progress bar will appear.
- Wait for the jailbreak process to complete. Your device will automatically reboot and there should be Cydia icon on the home screen of your device.
Don’t forget to share your iOS 8.1.2 jailbreak experience, with TaiG jailbreak, in the comments section below.
In case the jailbreak process failed and your had updated to iOS 8.1.2 via OTA update, it’s advised to fresh restore your device via iTunes. Download iOS 8.1.2 IPSW file for your device and follow our guide on how to install iOS using iTunes.