Redsn0w 0.9.8 beta 3 can jailbreak iOS 4.3.4 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch 4G, 3G. These are the steps to jailbreak iPod Touch 4G, 3G iOS 4.3.4. Guides to jailbreak iPhone and iPad are linked at the bottom…
- RedSn0w 0.9.8 b3 provides tethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.4. For those unfamiliar, a tethered jailbreak means you will have to connect your iDevice to a computer, every time you reboot, in order to boot it into jailbreak state. (Tether boot instructions can be found below)
- Dev-Team: For the convenience of kernel hackers like @comex and @i0n1c, we have a new redsn0w 0.9.8b3 that supports a TETHERED jailbreak for iOS 4.3.4 on all devices that have 4.3.4 except the iPad 2.
- The vast majority of people will want to stay back at 4.3.3 because that’s where the untethered jailbreak is!
- There are no new features in 4.3.4 — only fixes for jailbreak exploits used in JailbreakMe 3.0.
How to Jailbreak iPod Touch 4G / 3G iOS 4.3.4 with RedSn0w
Restore iOS 4.3.4 on your iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G and keep it connected to your computer via USB.
***You can skip this step if you’re already running iOS 4.3.4.
Execute the Redsn0w.
Hit the Browse button and select iOS 4.3.4 firmware (downloaded in Step 1). RedSn0w will recognize your IPSW file. Then hit Next.
Now check mark Install Cydia and hit Next.
Now make sure your iPod Touch is turned OFF and Plugged in to your computer. Hit Next.
Now you’ll be instructed to put your iPod Touch into DFU Mode. Follow the on screen instructions.
- Hold Down The Power (Corner) button for 3 Seconds
- Without releasing the Power button, also hold down the Home (Bottom Center) button for 10 seconds
- Without releasing the Home button, release the Power button BUT KEEP holding the Home button for 15 seconds
Once you’ve successfully entered into DFU mode, RedSn0w will start jailbreaking iPod Touch 4G, 3G on iOS 4.3.4 tethered. When done! your iPod Touch will be jailbroken tethered on iOS 4.3.4 firmware.
How to Tether Boot
Each time you reboot/restart/turn off your iDevice you will have to connect it to a computer in order to boot it into jailbreak state. In order to do that:
Open Redsn0w, provide it the IPSW file and choose the option Just boot tethered right now and proceed.
Jailbreak iOS 4.3.4
How to: Jailbreak iPhone iOS 4.3.4 with RedSn0w [iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS]
How to: Jailbreak iPad iOS 4.3.4 with RedSn0w