iPhone Dev-Team has released Redsn0w 0.9.8 beta 3 to jailbreak iOS 4.3.4 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch 4G, 3G. These are the steps to jailbreak iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 iOS 4.3.4. Steps for iPad and iPod Touch are the same.
- RedSn0w 0.9.8 b3 provides tethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.4. For those unfamiliar, a tethered jailbreak means you will have to connect your iDevice to a computer, every time you reboot, in order to boot it into jailbreak state. (Tether boot instructions can be found below)
- Dev-Team: For the convenience of kernel hackers like @comex and @i0n1c, we have a new redsn0w 0.9.8b3 that supports a TETHERED jailbreak for iOS 4.3.4 on all devices that have 4.3.4 except the iPad 2.
- The vast majority of people will want to stay back at 4.3.3 because that’s where the untethered jailbreak is!
- There are no new features in 4.3.4 — only fixes for jailbreak exploits used in JailbreakMe 3.0.
- If you depend on UltraSn0w unlock, avoid Redsn0w, or the stock iOS 4.3.4 firmware.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS iOS 4.3.4 with RedSn0w
Restore iOS 4.3.4 on your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad or iPod Touch and keep it connected to your computer via USB.
***You can skip this step if you’re already running iOS 4.3.4.
Execute the Redsn0w.
Hit the Browse button and select iOS 4.3.4 firmware (downloaded in Step 1). RedSn0w will recognize your IPSW file. Then hit Next.
Now check mark “Install Cydia” and hit Next.
Now make sure your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch is turned OFF and Plugged in to your computer. Hit Next.
Now you’ll be instructed to put your iDevice into DFU Mode. Follow the on screen instructions.
- Hold Down The Power (Corner) button for 3 Seconds
- Without releasing the Power button, also hold down the Home (Bottom Center) button for 10 seconds
- Without releasing the Home button, release the Power button BUT KEEP holding the Home button for 15 seconds
Once you’ve successfully entered into DFU mode, RedSn0w will start jailbreaking iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch 4G, 3G on iOS 4.3.4 tethered. When done! your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad will be jailbroken tethered on iOS 4.3.4.
How to Tether Boot
Each time you reboot/restart/turn off your iDevice you will have to connect it to a computer in order to boot it into jailbreak state. In order to do that:
Open Redsn0w, provide it the IPSW file and choose the option Just boot tethered right now and proceed.