Here are some of the iPhone firmware 4.0 features that they received:
- There will be multi-touch gestures OS-wide.
- “A few new ways” to run applications in the background — multitasking.
- Many graphical and UI changes to make navigating through the OS easier and more efficient.
- The update will supposedly be available for only the iPhone 3G and 3GS, but will “put them ahead in the smartphone market because it will make them more like full-fledged computers” more than any other phone to date. Everyone is “really excited.”
- The last piece of information is the most vague, but apparently there will be some brand new syncing ability for the contacts and calendar applications.
Update 1: iPhone OS 4.0 beta 3 is out now:
Update 2: Orientation Lock and iPod Widget found in iPhone 4 beta 3