Pangu team was the first to release and iOS 9 – iOS 9.0.2 jailbreak for iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. But initially, the Pangu 9 jailbreak was only available for Windows, however, the team has now a Mac version of its Pangu jailbreak for iOS 9 – 9.0.2 software versions. While the process of using Pang9 on Mac is identical to the process on Windows, but for the sake of completely, we are also going to post detailed instructions on how to jailbreak iOS 9.0.2 on Mac using Pangu jailbreak.
- Pangu jailbreak is compatible with iOS 9.0.2, iOS 9.0.1, or iOS 9. It cannot jailbreak iOS 9.1.
- If you’ve already updated to iOS 9.1, you can jailbreak by downgrading back to iOS 9.0.2 as long as Apple keeps on signing iOS 9.0.2.
- Pangu is an untethered and free jailbreak tool.
- The tool is available for both Windows and Mac operating systems. If you are a Windows user, please navigate to this link to jailbreak:
How to jailbreak iOS 9 – iOS 9.0.2 on Mac with Pangu jailbreak
- Download latest version of Pangu jailbreak for Mac from our download Pangu jailbreak page.
- Do this on your device before proceeding with the jailbreak process:
- Make sure your have the latest version of iTunes installed. Now connect your device to your Mac.
- Open the Pangu9 .dmg file, right click on the Pangu9 app and choose Open. Click Open to confirm. This should launch the Pangu jailbreak tool.
- Wait for the tool to identify the connected device and it will display the basic device information and jailbreak status. Click on Start to begin the jailbreak process.
- Read the on-screen instructions and click on Already backup to proceed.
- Pangu will begin the process, do not do anything on your device, or unplug it from your Mac. After a reboot, you’ll be asked to unlock the device and enable Airplane Mode again.
- At around 75% progress, you’ll be prompted to unlock the device again and launch the Pangu app that should be on the home screen of your device. Launch that installed app.
- You’ll have to grant permission to Pangu to access your Photos, which is required to complete the process. Accept the request to continue with the process.
- Once the jailbreak process is completed successfully, your device should reboot automatically, and you’ll have Cydia on your home screen.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully jailbroken your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch running iOS 9.0.2, iOS 9.0.1, or iOS 9 using Pangu jailbreak on your Mac computer.
Like this guide? do not forget to share it.