Team Pangu surprised the jailbreak community by release Pangu 9 to jailbreak iOS 9.0.2, iOS 9.0.1, and iOS 9 on all the compatible iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices. In this guide, I am going to show you how to jailbreak iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch on iOs 9.0.2, 9.0.1, or iOS 9 using the Pangu9 jailbreak tool.
Pangu9 Supported iOS versions: iOS 9.0.2, iOS 9.0.1, iOS 9
Pangu9 Supported iOS Devices: iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPad, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPod Touch 6g, iPod Touch 5g
- Backup your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch before proceeding with the jailbreak process:
- It’s recommended to fresh restore your device to iOS 9.0.2 or you may experience troubles while jailbreaking your device. You can download iOS 9.0.2 IPSW and follow our guide on how to install iOS 9.0.2 using iTunes.
- Pangu is an untethered jailbreak and currently available for Windows only. Update: Pangu9 for Mac is out now. Here’s jailbreak guide for Mac users:
- Make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes.
- Temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall as they may prevent Pangu from accessing the internet.
How to Jailbreak iPhone, iPad and iPod touch iOS 9.0.2 with Pangu 9
Follow these steps carefully to successfully jailbreak your iOS device on iOS 9 – iOS 9.0.2 using Pangu jailbreak tool:
- Download the latest version of Pangu9 jailbreak from our download Pangu jailbreak page.
- Prepare your device:
Make sure you’ve backup your device either using iTunes or on iCloud;
Disable Passcode: Settings > Touch ID & Passcode;
Turn Off Find my iPhone: Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone;
Put your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch in Airplane mode.
- Right-click on the download Pangu application and choose “Run as Administrator.”
- Connect your device to your computer. Pangu jailbreak tool may take some time to detect your connected device.
- Click the Start button to begin the jailbreak process.
- Click on Already Backup to continue with the jailbreak process.
- Pangu app along with WWDC app will be installed on your device and it will reboot.
- After the reboot, you’ll be prompted to again turn on the Airplane mode.
- Once the jailbreak progress bar reaches 75%, you’ll be prompted to slide unlock your device and run the Pangu app.
- Launch the Pangu app from the Home screen of your device and tap Accept button. When prompted, allow access to your photos.
- Let the jailbreak process to complete. Once done, your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch should reboot. After the reboot, there should be Cydia icon resting on your Home screen.
* Big thanks to team Pangu for making it possible for us to jailbreak out iPhone iPad, or iPod Touch on iOS 9 – iOS 9.0.2.