That was quick! Pangu – a Chinese jailbreak team – has released the very first jailbreak for iOS 9.0.2 – iOS 9 dubbed as Pangu 9. This iOS 9 jailbreak is compatible is all the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices running iOS 9 through iOS 9.0.2.
Pangu 9 jailbreak is compatible with the following iOS versions and iOS devices:
- iOS 9.0.2, iOS 9.0.1, iOS 9
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s
- iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 4
- iPad, iPad Air, and iPad Air 2
- iPod Touch 5g, and iPod Touch 6g
The Pangu team has made use of the exploit used by iH8Sn0w to jailbreak iOS 9. Last month, we had published an article with a video demo of an untethered iOS 9 jailbreak, but his plans to release a jailbreak tool were unclear at that point.
The team Pangu has released an iOS 9.0.2 jailbreak at a time when another major iOS software update may drop anytime. This has given Apple an opportunity to fix the exploit used in this IOS 9 jailbreak before pushing the final version of iOS 9.1, which has already hit the 5th beta. On the other hand, it’s also quite possible that Apple has already fixed the exploit used in this jailbreak with iOs 9.1 beta releases and that’s why the team rushed to release the jailbreak to the general public.
Download Pangu 9 for iOS 9.0.2 – iOS 9
You can download Pangu jailbreak for iOS 9.0.2 down to iOS 9 from our dedicated Pangu jailbreak download page.
Here is our detailed guide to use Pangu9:
- How to jailbreak iOS 9.0.2 with Pangu (Windows)
- How to jailbreak iOS 9 – 9.0.2 with Pangu (Mac)
- iOS 9 – 9.0.2 Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks
- How to Avoid / Fix Boot Loop of death (BLoD) caused by Pangu iOS 9 jailbreak