Redsn0w 0.9.6b3 to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 GM firmware is now available for download. Along with iOS 4.2.1 GM jailbreak, RedSn0w 0.9.6b3 also comes with the ability to install jailbreak apps (custom bundles) regardless of Cydia support. The release also includes OpenSSH, OpenSSL, and the basic apt installer programs.
- RedSn0w 0.9.6b3 is mainly geared towards those developers who want to get their programs ready for iOS 4.2.1.
- iPhone Unlockers must stay away from RedSn0w.
- Redsn0w 0.9.6b3 supports tethered jailbreak. (The only exceptions to this are the iPhone3G, non-MC iPod touch 2G, and old bootrom iPhone 3GS. redsn0w will jailbreak those untethered!)
- Cydia will not work on iOS 4.2.1.
We’ve made some updates to redsn0w to make it easier for jailbreak developers (and tinkerers) to get their programs ready for 4.2.1. As noted above, the public version of Cydia (and MobileSubstrate too!) is not 4.2.1-compatible. redsn0w will now let you install your own custom bundles independent of Cydia (the bundle can actually be Cydia if you’ve compiled it on your own). These bundles can be up to 15MB in size, and should be in the form of a gzip-compressed tar file.
Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b3
You can download RedSn0w 0.9.6b3 for Mac OS X or for Windows from below:
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b3 for Mac [Link 1]
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b3 for Windows [Link 1]
- Download SSH Bundle [Link 1]
Steps to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 GM are similar to the guide posted here.
Download RedSn0w 0.9.6rc16 (Jailbreaks iOS 4.3.3)