Facebook 10.0 update for iPhone and iPad brought several new features including post preview, offline mode and a faster news feed. One down side of this update is that Facebook has removed the Most recent Newsfeed from the top of the main screen, where it was very easy to access. This has led to a burst of confusion and lot of questions. By default the app now displays the most popular feeds. If you were in love with the Most Recent News feed feature and want it back, there’s no need to worry.
The Most Recent Newsfeed isn’t gone, it’s just been buried deep into the menus and requires a few more taps to access it. Simply follow these easy steps to switch back to your favorite “Most Recent News” feed on your Facebook app.
Find ‘Most Recent’ feed in Facebook 10.0 for iPhone
- Launch Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the More tab at the bottom-right of the Facebook app.
- Scroll down to the feed section and tap the arrow ‘>’ next to Feeds to expand the list.
- Finally, tap on Most Recent to switch back to that news feed.
Find ‘Most Recent’ feed in Facebook 10.0 for iPad
- Tap the Menu icon (the three-lines) at the top-left corner of the Facebook app for iPad.
- Now tap on the Settings gear next to news feed and select Show Most Recent.
It’s quite annoying if you like to view Most Recent feed first because you’ll have to go through a few extra steps to see what you want to. Hopefully a jailbreak tweak will be out soon in the Cydia store to help you switch between most popular and most recent feeds directly from the home screen without any extra exploration in the menus.