Apple has released iOS 6.1.3 firmware for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. The iOS 6.1.3 has a build number 10B329. It not only fixes the lock screen vulnerability, the exploits used in evasi0n jailbreak has also been reportedly patched. The 6.1.3 firmware release notes also mention improvements to the Maps app for users in Japan. Hit the jump to learn more and for direct download links to iOS 6.1.3 firmware.
According to release notes accompanying the 18.2MB download, this update contains the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Fixes a bug that could allow someone to bypass the passcode and access the Phone app
- Improvements to Maps in Japan
So Apple has finally fixed the vulnerability, first discovered a month ago, which allows people to access the password protect iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and get to your personal information on the device.
Note for jailbreakers: Some of the vulnerabilities required to jailbreak iOS devices have in fact been patched in iOS 6.1.3. So jailbreakers are advised to hold off from updating to iOS 6.1.3 until the evad3rs confirms evasi0n compatibility with 6.1.3.
iOS 6.1.3 update is available via both iTunes and iOS software update panel.
Download iOS 6.1.3
You can download ios 6.1.3 IPSW files for iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 5G, 4G, iPad 4, 3, 2 and iPad mini can be downloaded from the direct links below…
- iPhone 5 AT&T/Canada (model A1428) – iPhone5,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 5 All others (model A1429) – iPhone5,2_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 4S – iPhone4,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 4 GSM – iPhone3,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 4 CDMA – iPhone3,3_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 3GS – iPhone2,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
- iPad mini - iPad mini WiFi - iPad mini GSM - iPad mini CDMA
- iPad 4 - iPad 4 WiFi – iPad 4 GSM – iPad 4 CDMA
- iPad 3 – iPad 3 WiFi – iPad 3 GSM – iPad 3 CDMA
- iPad 2 – iPad 2 WiFi – iPad 2 GSM – iPad 2 CDMA
- iPod Touch 5G – iPod5,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
- iPod Touch 4G – iPod4,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw