Pod2g’s untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 is now available. Chronic Dev-Team has released this untethered jailbreak in the form of a Cydia Package named Corona 5.0.1 Untether. Dev-Team has released this untethered as RedSn0w 0.9.10b1.
Depending on your situation, you can either use Corona Untether 5.0.1 or RedSn0w to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 untethered. If you’re already jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1, you can use Corona Untether 5.0.1 to get the untethered jailbreak. In this guide we’re going to talk about Corona Untether 5.0.1.
So who can use Corona Untether 5.0.1 jailbreak?
- If you’re running a tethered jailbreak iOS 5.0.1, you can use Corona Untether 5.0.1 Cydia package to untether your device.
- Corona Untether 5.0.1 supports: iPhone 4 (both GSM & CDMA), iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G and iPad 1
- That means if you’ve any of the above devices, running iOS 5.0.1 tethered jailbreak, then Corona Untether 5.0.1 is for you.
How to Untethered Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 with Corona Untether 5.0.1
Since you’re already running iOS 5.0.1 with tethered jailbreak, you should have Cydia icon on your screen.
- Open Cydia and let it update.
- Once updated, go to the Search tab and search for Corona 5.0.1 Untether and install it;
- Hit Return to Cydia button and Reboot. That’s it!
Now you can reboot your iPhone, ipad, iPod Touch normally without needing to tether boot it.
Don’t forget to share your experience with the Corona Untether 5.0.1 jailbreak in the comments section below…
Don’t forget to hit the +1, Like and/or Tweet button if you like the post. You can follow us on Google Plus, Twitter (@iphone_heat), Facebook (iPhoneHeatDotCom), and Subscribe to RSS Feed to receive latest updates.