Finally, after a long time, a great desktop Instant Messenger (IM) client Trillian is now available for iPhone and iPod touch.
Trillian for iPhone helps you organize and stay in touch with your IM and social friends while on-the-go. Receive instant push notifications, send pictures and messages, and optionally synchronize with Trillian for Windows and Trillian for Web. Trillian for iPhone has been designed to seamlessly integrate with your iPhone and boasts a clean and concise user interface for all of your chatting needs!
You can purchase Trillian from the AppStore for $4.99.
What do you think about Trillian for iPhone? Let us know your favorite features in Trillian, pros and cons.
- Astra, AIM/ICQ(R), Google(TM), Jabber, MSN(R), MySpaceIM, Yahoo(R). More soon!
- Clean iPhone design – UI behavior matches standards whenever possible.
- Localization into many different languages.
- Multiple account support and login screen.
- Intelligent push notifications for up to 24 hours.
- All password transmissions encrypted.
- Built for reliability, speed, and low-bandwidth (EDGE) conditions.
- Frequent updates and strong emphasis on stability and bugfixes.
- Avatar and service icons visible to quickly see your current status.
- Collapse and expand groups.
- Manage groups, including contact “cloning” (one contact in many groups).
- Edit contact display names.
- Optional display of contact avatars.
- View contact information (per-service; e.g. AIM profiles).
- Quick contact search.
- Handy tab-inspired chatting for easy switching of chats.
- Send pictures, buzzes, and URLs.
- Typing notifications.
- Copy/paste support.
- Collapsible keyboard (tap empty area).
- Global status control with status message support.
- Avatar changing from camera or picture library.
- Local display name changing.
- Autoconnect preferences on a per-connection basis.
- Mark yourself away with an optional custom status message when closing app.
- Control over standard sounds and phone vibration behavior.
- Configurable sign off time (up to 24 hours).