RSS is a great way to read news, especially if reading news is your job. For those who like to stay as up-to-date with their favorite websites/news, RSS has become an invaluable online tool. There are variety of RSS reader apps available for iPhone/iPod Touch ranging from free to expensive, very impressive to just disappointing. Then which one you should choose that gives you the value you expect by purchasing it?
Today, we have compiled what are, in our opinion, current top 5 best RSS Reader Apps for iPhone/iPod Touch available. All these apps are available in the iTunes AppStore under News category. For the full run down, continue reading.
(From: Silvio Rizi)
I am Biased, this is without a doubt, my favorite iPhone RSS reader. The first thing you’ll notice about ‘Reeder’ is the stunning interface. It’s elegant, minimal, friendly and right feature at the right place and nice animation. The Sync Process with Google Reader is faster than other apps.
- Syncs with Google Reader
- Browse by feed or folders
- Manage Starred items, notes
- Save a post to Instapaper, Read it Later, Delicious or send it via mail to a friend
- Browse by feed
Reeder Costs $1.99 [iTunes Link]
(From: Phantom Fish)
Byline is a Google Reader application that It offers a simple interface by listing unread articles with a carefully thought out typography. Instead of offering users a list of subscribed feeds, Byline comes with a great ability to archive entire webpages for offline viewing including embedded images. Even when you have no internet connection (such as on the subway) Byline’s offline browsing feature gives you instant access to complete web pages. It also features a mini-browser.
- Two-way syncing with Google Reader.
- Browse new items, starred items, notes and folders in separate lists.
- Sort items by date or by their source feed.
- View up to 200 items from each list when you’re offline, including embedded images.
- Offline browsing lets you access complete web pages linked to by notes, starred items, and (optionally) new items.
- Built-in web browser for online and offline browsing.
- Landscape mode.
- Star and share items.
- Send items by email.
- Create and share notes.
Byline costs $3.99 [iTunes Link]
Newsstand Syncs with Google Reader and possess a wealth of features. It’s smart and slick, synchronization is very smooth which makes it great. Categories, an integrated mini-browser, and the ability to share stories via email or Twitter all work like a dream. You can also browse via a virtual newspaper rack. That’s an innovative feature. Newsstand really shines in the browsing. Supports Offline browsing.
- Synchronization with Google Reader
- Automatic feed discovery and preview
- Integrated feed directory
- Download of embedded images for offline viewing
- Organization of feeds in categories (synced with Google Reader)
- Integrated mini browser to read the original website of a news item
- Sharing via Email, Twitter, Instapaper or Delicious.
- Multiple app-wide themes
Newsstand costs $4.99 [iTunes Link]
(From: News Gator Technologies)
NetNewsWire Syncs with Google Reader. It is being offered for free and it gives a decent experience to its user. The current version comes with some amazing interface tweaks and the best thing about NetNewsWire is its smoothness of Syncing with Google Reader. The free version comes with some annoying Ads that can be removed by purchasing the paid version. Latest News (24 hour) section is one of my favorite features. NetNewsWire performs well regardless of connection type.
If you read an item on your iPhone, you don’t have to read it again on your Macintosh or any other computer. It’s automatically marked as read everywhere. You can star items or send them to Instapaper to save them for later. You can email articles or post links to Twitter to share with friends. Going through your articles is easy: just tap the Next Unread button. And if there are feeds you don’t want to read on your iPhone, you can hide them.
(Free version of NetNewsWire displays ads. The premium version does not.)
NetNewsWire Free Version [iTunes Link]
NetNewsWire Premium costs $4.99 [iTunes Link]
Feeds – RSS Reader
(From: Prime31 Design)
Feeds is the premiere RSS reader for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Feeds is fully integrated with Google Reader! For those of you who choose not to use Google Reader, Feeds works as a standalone RSS reader as well.
- Two-way syncing with Google Reader
- Full feed management including adding, removing, moving and renaming feeds
- Email feed link and description without exiting the application
- Star feed items that you may want to revisit at a later date
- Share feed items with your friends (Google Reader only)
- Categorize your feeds into folders
- Read feeds offline
- View originating websites in Feeds or Safari in portrait or landscape
- View website versions that are optimized for mobile phones(Google Mobilizer)
- Easily add tags to your feed items (Google Reader only)
- Save articles in InstaPaper and ReadItLater
- Post articles to Twitter with URL shortening
Feeds costs $3.99 [iTunes Link]
Well.. that’s it, iH’s Top 5 Best RSS Reader for iPhone. Did we miss any of your favorites or an app with some killer features? Drop us some lines under comments section and let us know Your list!