Apple Pay feature on the Apple Watch allows its users to make mobile payment without touch their iPhone, directly through the Apple Watch. The process of such transaction through has been secured by Apple by requiring a user to wear the Watch on his/her wrist during the transaction. This security measure doesn’t make the process fool-proof, and you might end up with the idea of removing your credit or debit card from your Apple Watch.
Another reason of removing the card, that comes to mind is every debit or credit card comes with an expiry date, and in the end we replace those cards with new ones. While one could leave the old cards in their Passbook, and add the new ones as well, but with time it’ll start looking quite cluttered and you will have to swipe through all the cards to find the one that you want to use for the transaction.
Just like you can remove cards from Apple Pay on your iPhone, the card removal process is quite simple on the Apple Watch as well. Simply follow these steps:
How to remove a Card from Apple Pay on Apple Watch
- On your iPhone, launch the Apple Watch app.
- Tap on My Watch at the bottom for Watch-specific settings.
- Now go to Passbook & Apple Pay.
- Now select the card you want to delete.
- Tap on Remove Card.
- Tap on Remove on the confirmation popup.
What if the Apple Watch is Lost or Stolen?
If your Apple Watch has been lost or got stolen, then you need to remove your Apple Watch from your iCloud.com account to disable the ability to make Apple Pay payments.
- Log into your iCloud.com account.
- Go to Settings and choose your device.
- Click Remove Device.
* You can also call your back to get your cards suspended.