If you’re into photography and love to photograph your surroundings with your iPhone on a tripod, and own an Apple Watch as well, then you’ll be delighted to know that you can remotely take photos on your iPhone using an Apple Watch.
Using an Apple Watch as a remote to take pictures on your iPhone is way better than setting up a timer and then running to the position for the picture. In this guide you’ll learn how to take photos remotely on iPhone using an Apple Watch.
How to take Picture on iPhone using Apple Watch
- First of all, launch the Camera app on your iPhone.
- Now press the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch to go to home screen.
- Press on the Camera icon to launch it on your Watch.
Note: Apple Watch will show a Connecting (to) Camera message if the Camera app is not opened on the paired iPhone.
- Once connected, you’ll see the viewfinder on your Apple Watch screen showing what your iPhone camera is going to capture.
- Once you’re in position, either tap on the Shutter button on Apple Watch screen, or press the Side button to take the photo. You can also tap on the 3s timer button, which should allow you to put your hand down before the photo is captured.
That’s it! You’ve successfully taken a photo on your iPhone using an Apple Watch as a remote. The feature really makes iPhone photography a lot easier by skipping dashing to the position part after setting timer.
You can also use your Apple Watch to easily take selfies on your iPhone, as holding an iPhone in one hand and pressing the button with same hand is a bit inconvenient.
As an apple Watch user, did you find taking Photos remotely with your Apple Watch a pleasant experience? Sound off in the comments section below.