Creating an Apple ID is a prerequisite of doing just about anything related to Apple services on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or a Mac. If you want to download an app from the app store, or want to buy music or movies on iTunes, or use Apple’s cloud service based service i.e. iCloud, you must have an Apple ID. In this guide you’ll learn how to create Apple ID without affiliating a credit card to that ID.
In the past, it was mandatory to link your credit card to your Apple account. But Apple has now made it more convenient for the users to create an Apple ID by letting them create it without providing their credit card details. Whatever reason you have for not providing your credit card detail, here’s how you can create an Apple ID without linking your credit card.
In this guide we are going to discuss two ways of creating Apple ID:
- Create Apple ID on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- Create Apple ID using iTunes on Mac/PC
How to create Apple ID on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
You can easily create an Apple ID right from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. To create an Apple ID follow these simple steps:
- Launch the App Store from your Home screen.
- Search for any free application, such as “Remote”.
- Tap on the “Get” button. It’ll turn into an “Install” button. Tap on it again to begin the download process.
- App Store should prompt your to either sign into an existing account or create a new one. tap on “Create New Apple ID.”
- Choose your country or region, and tap Next.
- Tap on the “Agree” button twice to agree to Apple’s terms and conditions.
- Enter your account details that include your email address, password, date of birth, and security questions. Make sure to not use an email address that has already been used to create an Apple ID. Tap “Next” when you’ve entered the required information.
- On Billing Information screen, choose “None” and enter your billing address. Tap “Next”.
- Apple will send confirmation email to the email address that you provided to create the apple ID. Log into that email ID, see for an email from Apple and click “Verify” link in the email. A new page should open asking your to login using your newly created Apple ID (your email) and the password to verify the email address.
- Now go back to app store and login using your newly created Apple account.
How to create Apple ID using iTunes on Mac/PC
If you’re on a Mac or Windows PC, simply follow these steps to create a new Apple ID:
- Install the latest version of iTunes.
- Click on iTunes store button as shown in the screenshot below.
- Search for any free app such “Chrome – web browser by Google” using the right bar at top-right side of the screen.
- Scroll down the search result and click on the “Get” button.
- A prompt should appear asking to login using your Apple ID username and password, or you can create a new Apple ID as well. Click on “Create Apple ID” button.
- This screen will Welcome you to iTunes. Click on “Continue” button.
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- Fill in your personal details, password, security questions and then click Next.
- Under Payment Type section, select “None” and fill in a valid payment address. Now click “Create Apple ID”.
- Apple will send you an email to the email address you provided to create Apple ID. Open that email, click on “Verify” link, login using your Apple ID credentials to verify the email address.
- That’s it! you’ve successfully created your Apple ID to download free contents from iTunes, iBooks and app store without providing any credit card details.
Since you created the Apple ID without selecting any payment option, you should be able to download free apps and content from the app store and iTunes store. If you ever try to download paid content from the store, Apple will ask you to select a payment option and provide credentials.