iOS 7.1 / iOS 7.1.1 update is now available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. You can install iOS 7.1.2 7.1.1 update on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch via iTunes or over-the-air. This final version of iOS 7.1 brings interface refinements, CarPlay, Siri improvements, bug fixes and other improvements to the mobile operating system. Hit the jump to learn how to install iOS 7.1.2 7.1.1 update on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch…
NOTE: Apple has patched the exploits used in evasi0n7 jailbreak. So, it’s recommended to avoid updating to iOS 7.1.1 firmware unless you do not care about jailbreaking your device.
Update: Pangu can jailbreak iOS 7.1.1 and iOS 7.1.2.
There are three ways to update to iOS 7.1.2/7.1.1 firmware:
- Install iOS 7.1.2/7.1.1 update Over-the-Air (OTA)
- Install iOS 7.1.2/7.1.1 update via iTunes
- Install iOS 7.1.2/7.1.1 IPSW via iTunes
Let’s talk about both methods of updating your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to iOS 7.1.1…
Install iOS 7.1.2/7.1.1 update Over-the-Air (OTA)
The quickest and easiest way to install iOS 7.1.1 is to update over-the-air right from your device. Make sure to plug-in your device so you may not run out of battery during the update process, connect to a local Wifi connection, and there should be sufficient free storage available on your device to download the update. Here are the steps to update to iOS 7.1.1:
Note to Jailbreakers: If you’ve jailbroken your device with evasi0n7, OTA updates option will be disabled on your device, which is to avoid accidental update and lose jailbreak. If you want to update to iOS 7.1.1, follow the iTunes method below.
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Go to General > Software Update.
- Your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch should now check for the available iOS update and inform you that iOS 7.1.1 is available for download.
- Tap on the Download and Install option. *You must of connected to a WiFi network, or this option will be greyed out.
- Wait for the iOS 7.1.1 download to complete, which may take some time depending on your internet connection. You can do whatever you like while the device downloads the update. It’ll notify you as soon as the update has been downloaded and is ready to get installed.
- Tap the Install button to begin the iOS 7.1.1 installation process.
Install iOS 7.1.2/7.1.1 update via iTunes
If you encounter any problem while updating OTA, or you just want to do it old school, you can update your iPhone, ipad or iPod Touch to iOS 7.1.1 using iTunes as well. Here are the steps to install iOS 7.1.1 update using iTunes:
- First of all make sure to backup your device either using iCloud or iTunes.
- Make sure your iTunes is up to date. You can download iTunes latest version from here.
- Launch iTunes and plug your iPhone iPad or iPod Touch into your computer via USB cable.
- iTunes should detect the connected device. Select your device in iTunes and click on the Update button that you should find in the Summary tab.
- iTunes should prompt you about the availability of iOS 7.1.1 update, click Download and install.
Wait for the iTunes to download and install iOS 7.1.1 update and do not disconnect your device until the process has been completed.
Install iOS 7.1.2/7.1.1 IPSW via iTunes
If you love to tinker with your device and often needs to restore it via iTunes, it’s good idea to download iOs 7.1 IPSW file for your device and restore your device manually via iTunes. Here’s how to install iOS 7.1.1 using an IPSW file via iTunes:
- Download iOS 7.1 IPSW or download iOS 7.1.1 IPSW or download iOS 7.1.2 firmware for your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer via USB cable and fire up the iTunes. iTunes should detect your connected device. Press Ctrl+S on keyboard to view the sidebar in iTunes.
- Select your device from the sidebar. Make sure you’re in Summary tab, hold down the Shift (Windows) or Alt/Option (Mac) key and hit the Restore button on iTunes.
- Browse and select the downloaded iOS 7.1.1 IPSW file. Let the restore process complete.
- After reboot, your device should be running iOS 7.1.1.
If you’re facing any kind of problem with the iOS 7.1.1 update or restore process, please feel free to ask in the comments section below.