iOS 5 firmware update is now available for download. These are the steps to update to iOS 5 on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. iOS 5 brings 200+ new features to your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch compared to iOS 4.3.5.
IMPORTANT: Those iPhone users, depending on UltraSn0w or Gevey SIM unlock, must stay away from restoring stock iOS 5 because it will update your iPhone baseband and you won’t be able to unlock your iPhone, may be forever.
iOS 5 Supports
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPad 2
- iPad 1
How to Update to iOS 5
*** Not recommended for unlockers
- Connect your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad to your computer running iTunes 10.5 or later via USB cable
- New firmware iOS 5 availability message will appear
- Hit the “Download and Install” button.
- It’ll download and install iOS 5 on your iDevice.
- Download iOS 5 firmware for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch from here.
- Open iTunes and connect your iDevice via USB cable
- Select your device from the left navigation pane on iTunes
- Hold down the Shift (Windows) or Alt/Option (Mac) key and hit the restore button on iTunes
- Browse and select the downloaded iOS 5 IPSW file. Let the restore process complete.
How to: Fix error 3194
iOS 5 Guides
How to: Jailbreak iOS 5 with RedSn0w
How to: Preserve iPhone 4, 3GS Baseband While Updating to iOS 5
How to: Unlock iOS 5 iPhone 4 with Gevey SIM
How to: Unlock iPhone 4, 3GS iOS 5 with UltraSn0w
How to: Enable WiFi-Sync in iOS 5 to Wirelessly Sync iPhone with iTunes