iOS 5 firmware update is now available for download. These are the steps to update to iOS 5 on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. iOS 5 brings 200+ new features to your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch compared to iOS 4.3.5.
IMPORTANT: Those iPhone users, depending on UltraSn0w or Gevey SIM unlock, must stay away from restoring stock iOS 5 because it will update your iPhone baseband and you won’t be able to unlock your iPhone, may be forever.
iOS 5 Supports
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPad 2
- iPad 1
How to Update to iOS 5
Make sure you’re running iTunes 10.5 or later version. You can download iTunes 10.5 from here and then install it.
*** Not recommended for unlockers
- Connect your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad to your computer running iTunes 10.5 or later via USB cable
- New firmware iOS 5 availability message will appear
- Hit the “Download and Install” button.
- It’ll download and install iOS 5 on your iDevice.
- Download iOS 5 firmware for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch from here.
- Open iTunes and connect your iDevice via USB cable
- Select your device from the left navigation pane on iTunes
- Hold down the Shift (Windows) or Alt/Option (Mac) key and hit the restore button on iTunes
- Browse and select the downloaded iOS 5 IPSW file. Let the restore process complete.
How to: Fix error 3194
iOS 5 Guides
How to: Jailbreak iOS 5 with RedSn0w
How to: Preserve iPhone 4, 3GS Baseband While Updating to iOS 5
How to: Unlock iOS 5 iPhone 4 with Gevey SIM
How to: Unlock iPhone 4, 3GS iOS 5 with UltraSn0w
How to: Enable WiFi-Sync in iOS 5 to Wirelessly Sync iPhone with iTunes
i tried to update my iphone 4 and an error 3200 appeared, and i tried to update my device manually by restoring the file and another error appeared that the server is temporarily unavailable any help??
After jailbreaking on my iphone4 cydia icon shows white and if i click on it it opens and closes.how can i fix this?
jakes55dsl You must run jailbreak again and just click boot tethered and cydia should return!!
If I use tinyumbrella to keep baseband, Will my gevey sim unlock still work with ios5? Thanks.
i install iOS 5.0 in my iphone 3Gs,and i also install ipad baseband 06.15.00 but no network ultrasn0w error not working …
help some budy plz…
How abt Ipod Touch 4G ? does it work properly after upgrading version iOS 5? and do we need to jailbreak it or not after run iOS5?
beware! do not install new ios5… many cydia are not compatible with ios5… if your phone is working leave it alone!
iTune 10.5 can’t connect to my iPhone 4 & iPad 2 ?
Please help !!!!