This tutorial is about how to jailbreak iOS 8.4 using PP Jailbreak tool for Mac OS X on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Below you will find step-by-step instruction of iOS 8.4 jailbreak process using PP Jailbreak tool on your Mac OS X computer.
PP Jailbreak can jailbreak any iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch device capable of running iOS 8.4, iOS 8.3, iOS 8.2, or iOS 8.1.3 software versions.
Before trying the jailbreak process, make sure to read these points:
- It’s optional but recommended to fresh restore your device to iOS 8.4 before trying the jailbreak process. For that follow these links:
- Backup your iOS device either using iCloud or iTunes.
- make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed.
How to jailbreak iOS 8.4 with PP Jailbreak for Mac OS X
- Turn Off Passcode: Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.
- Turn off Find My iPod touch: Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone.
- Disable any antivirus or firewall temporarily, as it may prevent PP Jailbreak from connecting to the internet.
- Download PP Jailbreak for Mac OS X and unzip its content.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to your computer and launch the PP Jailbreak tool.
- PP jailbreak window will show you that it has detected your connected device. UNCHECK the ‘Install PP Helper’ box at the bottom-left side of the windows.
- Now click the “Jailbreak” button in the middle of the window to begin the jailbreak process.
- Click on “Continue” to confirm that you have disabled Find My iPhone and the Passcode.
- PP jailbreak will now begin executing the jailbreak code. Just sit tight and let the tool do its thing.
- Once the jailbreak process is completed successfully, a green check will appear on the screen with a “Jailbreak succeeded!” message.
That’s it, you’ve successfully jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch running iOS 8.4 on a Mac machine. You should now have the Cydia icon on the Home screen of your device.
Note: It’s always a good idea to open Cydia, go to Changes tab, hit refresh and install all the available updates.
Windows users can jailbreak their devices on iOS 8.4 with TaiG jailbreak, here are the relevant links: