In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to jailbreak iPod Touch 5g on iOS 8.4 – iOS 8.1.3 using TaiG. TaiG jailbreak can now jailbreak iOS 8.4 on all the supported iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad devices. TaiG jailbreak is currently available for Windows only. Hit the jump for detailed instruction to jailbreak your iPod Touch 5g running iOS 8.4 using TiG jailbreak.
How to Jailbreak iPod Touch 5G iOS 8.4 with TaiG
- Turn Off Passcode: Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.
- Turn off Find My iPod touch: Settings > iCloud > Find My iPod touch.
- Disable any antivirus or firewall temporarily, as it may prevent TaiG from connecting to internet.
- Connect your device to your computer, launch iTunes and perform a manual backup. This step is important as you may end up losing your data if the jailbreak process does not complete successfully.
- Download TaiG jailbreak. If it’s a .zip file, then extract its content to get the TaiG executable file.
- Right-Click on TaiG executable file and select “Run as Administrator.”
- TaiG should detect your connect iPod Touch 5g. Uncheck the “3K Assistant…” checkbox to prevent the installation of TaiG app store alongside the jailbreak.
- Now click the large “Start” button in green to begin the jailbreak process.
- TaiG will now jailbreak your device and a circular progress bar will appear show the percentage completed.
- Once the jailbreak process has completed successfully, a green smiley will appear, your iPod Touch should reboot and a Cydia app will appear on the Springboard of your iPod Touch 5G.
That’s it! You have successfully jailbreak your iPod Touch iOS 8.4 using TaiG jailbreak tool.
Thanks to the TaiG jailbreak team and all the contributors to make iOS 8.4 jailbreak happen!