LiberiOS jailbreak download is available now. Finally, the wait is over! We now have the first official jailbreak for iOS 11.1.2 – iOS 11 that can also jailbreak iPhone X, iPhone 8, and the iPhone 8 Plus. The LiberiOS jailbreak is based on the tfp0 iOS 11.1.2 exploit also dubbed as async wake vulnerability which was first released a few days ago by Ian Beer.
The jailbreak is developed by Jonathan Levin and currently does not include Cydia because Saurik is working on making Cydia compatible with iOS 11.x versions. However, it remains to be seen if Saurik will make Cydia compatible with LiberiOS jailbreak because he has been working with “people from past jailbreaks.”
Here are the critical aspects of LiveriOS jailbreak for iSO 11 – iOS 11.1.2 that you must know of before giving it a try:
- Just like any modern jailbreak, the LiberiOS is a semi-untethered jailbreak. It means you’ll have to enter your device in jailbreak mode after every reboot. If you’re using a free Apple Developer account, you will also need to resign the jailbreak application every seven days.
- The jailbreak does not include Cydia, the App Store for jailbreak applications. Saurik is currently making it compatible with iOS 11. However, it remains to be seen if the Cydia would make its way on to LiberiOS jailbreak.
- You can download LiberiOS jailbreak for free. Do not pay anyone for the jailbreak.
- It is highly recommended to wait until Cydia and MbileSubstrate are available for iOS 11, and a developer releases a jailbreak version that bundles all these goodies.
- Avoid downloading the jailbreak tool or installing Cydia from unofficial sources.
LiberiOS supported Devices
The following iOS devices are compatible with LiberiOS jailbreak:
- iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 2nd generation 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad
- iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch 6G
LiberiOS supported iOS versions
Your iPhone, iPad, or, the iPod Touch device must be running one of the software versions mentioned below if you want to jailbreak it using LiberiOS:
- iOS 11, iOS 11.0.1, iOS 11.0.2, iOS 11.0.3
- iOS 11.1, iOS 11.1.1, iOS 11.1.2
The following iOS 11 versions are not supported by the LiberiOS jailbreak:
It does not support the following iOS 11 versions:
- iOS 11.2
- iOS 11.2.1
Levin believes that the only scenarios where the jailbreak fails are on devices he does not have offsets. If you experience an issue with the jailbreak or it fails for a support device running a compatible iOS version, you should report it to him through this forum.
Download LiberiOS Jailbreak
You can download LiberiOS jailbreak IPA file from its official website. It is advised not to download the jailbreak tool from unofficial sources or any mirror link as they could include a malware. Just like any previous jailbreak tool, LiberiOS is free to download. If someone is asking for a cash payment for it, then it is most likely a scam.
- LiberiOS Jailbreak – Download link
How Jailbreak using LiberiOS
We have a detailed step-by-step guide to jailbreak iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch using LiberiOS jailbreak tool:
Since it is the first release candidate of the jailbreak, we highly recommend our reader to wait for a few days until there is a good number of positive reports out their about the effectiveness of the jailbreak tool before trying it on your device. If you’re new to the jailbreak world, we highly recommend waiting until Saurik releases a compatible version of Cydia and MobileSubstrate for iOS 11 and a jailbreak version that comes bundled with these goodies. Avoid installing Cydia from unofficial sources. We will update you as soon as there’s an update on the matter.
If you have already downloaded LiberiOS and tried to jailbreak your iOS device, please share your experience in the comments section below.