In this iPhone guide you’ll learn how to downgrade iPhone Baseband 05.12.01 to 04.26.08 so that you may regain your unlock and use any Carrier SIM on your iPhone. These instruction are applicable only if you fulfill the criteria mentioned below:
- You have an iPhone 3G (sorry iPhone 3GS users)
- 05.12.01 baseband
- older bootloader 05.08 (Follow the instructions below, it will tell you the bootloader version as well.)
- iPhone MUST be jailbroken (You can jailbreak iPhone 3G using PwnageTool 3.1.5, custom firmware, RedSn0w 0.9.3 and Sn0wbreeze )
NOTE: A large number of iPhone 3G and all iPhone 3GS are not supported by the Fuzzyband 3.1.3. If you fall in this category and have updated baseband 05.12.011 then wait for the Dev-Team to come up with an unlock for Baseband 05.12.01. An exploit to unlock baseband 05.12.01 has been found but converting it to a working unlock may take weeks or even months.
If you meet the above mentioned criteria then you can easily downgrade iPhone baseband 05.12.01 to 04.26.08 and then unlock iPhone OS 3.1.3 using UltraSn0w. To downgrade iPhone 3G baseband 05.12.01 you need to use latest version of Fuzzyband available in Cydia. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to downgrade iPhone Baseband 05.12.01:
Downgrade iPhone Baseband 05.12.01 to 04.26.08
Go to Cydia and search for FuzzyBand and install it.
Now open the FuzzyBand app installed on your iPhone springboard.
FuzzyBand will display the current Bootloader, Baseband and firmware version of your iPhone. If you fulfill the downgrade Criteria, Tap the downgrade button to downgrade Baseband 05.12.01 to 04.26.08.
Once your iPhone baseband is downgraded to 04.26.08 now you can easily unlock iPhone 3GS using the guide linked below:
You may also be interested in:
- Install Cracked Games on iPhone/iPod Touch 3.1.3
- Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1.3 with PwnageTool 3.1.5
- Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1.3 using RedSn0w 0.9.3
- Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1.3 using RedSn0w 0.9.3 (Mac)
- Jailbreak iPod Touch OS 3.1.3 using RedSn0w 0.9.4
- Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1.3 using Sn0wBreeze
- Jailbreak iPod Touch 3.1.3 using Sn0wBreeze
For iPhone OS 3.1.2: