In iOS 14 and iPadOS 14, they added a choice to hide the Hidden Album collection from the Photos application. So anything you put in the Hidden Album will be really escaped the Photos library.
How to hide pictures on iPhone or iPad
To hide the Hidden Ablum from the photos you need to perform two things. First, you need to hide the photos as you normally do before iOS 14 and after that, you can hide that hidden album. So let’s see how to do that.
Put pictures in the hidden album
- Open up the Photos application on your iPhone or iPad, Tap the Photos tab at the base.
- To begin choosing the photos that you need to Hide, see the upper right corner of the screen and Tap Select.
- Begin choosing the photos that you need to cover up.
- When pictures selection is completed, just tap the Share icon at the left-bottom corner of the screen.
- Scroll down a bit on the sharing screen and Tap the Hide option. You selected pictures are now hidden from the all photos library and transferred to the hidden album.
Now, its time to hide the Hidden Album, and to do that you must have installed the iOS 14, iPadOS 14, or later.
Hide then Hidden Album from photos
- Open the Settings application on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down, look for the Photos application and Tap it to alter the settings.
- On the following screen, ensure the “Hidden Album” switch is greyed out.
You effectively conceal the Hidden collection from the Photos. In case whenever you want to see these hidden pictures, simply go to Settings > Photos, and tun on the Hidden Album switch.
I think Apple should allow putting passcode/touch ID lock on the album. Tell us what do you think about it, use the comment form below to leave a comment.