The wait for an iOS 11 jailbreak with Cydia is finally over. Coolstar has released the public version of its long-awaited Electra ioS 11 jailbreak that comes bundled with Cydia. The inclusion of Cydia in the jailbreak package should make a jailbreaker’s life much easier by allowing them to easily install jailbreak apps and tweaks.
The Electra jailbreak for iOS 11 supports the following iOS versions:
- iOS 11.1.2, iOS 11.1.1, iOS 11.1
- iOS 11.0.3, iOS 11.0.2, iOS 11.0.1, iOS 11
The following iOS 11 versions are not supported by Electra iOS 11 jailbreak:
- iOS 11.2.6, iOS 11.2.5, iOS 11.2.2, iOS 11.2.1, iOS 11.2
Any iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch capable of the above-mentioned compatible iOS version can be jailbroken using Electra Jailbreak. The compatibility list includes the following devices:
- iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro 2nd Gen, 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 5
- iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch 6G
It is a Semi-untethered jailbreak that is based on Ian Beer’s async_awake exploit. A semi-untethered jailbreak is one that allows the jailbroken device to boot normally but into a non-jailbroken state. However, instead of connecting the device to a computer to re-jailbreak it again – as in case of tethered or semi-tethered jailbreak, the user can re-jailbreak a semi-untethered jailbroken device with the help of an app running on the iOS device.
The jailbreak community has been eagerly waiting for Saurikto release Cydia for iOS 11, however, he has surprising gone silent since the last few weeks. So, all thanks to coolstar for making it possible to install Cydia alongside the jailbreak process using his Electra jailbreak.
Here are some of the important point to know about the Electra iOS 11 jailbreak:
- An APFS snapshot is created of / so you may revert it at a later date if needed
- It is recommended to futurerestore if you have blobs before running Electra to ensure the best possible installation
- Cydia is included
- OpenSSH is running on port 22
- Electra repo added by default
- Substitute, Tweak Loader and Substrate Compatibility Layer available from Electra repo
- Many packages need to be updated for both Electra and iOS 11 (make sure they’re updated before installing as they may not work yet)
- RocketBootstrap 1.0.6 or higher is required for use on iOS 11
- Many apps, launch daemons, and installation binaries are broken as they require entitlements to be added
The first version of Electra jailbreak was released by coolstar back in January. That release includes Substitute as an alternative for Cydia. Since Cydia was not yet compatible with iOS 11, the jailbreakers had to install jailbreak apps and tweaks manually.
You can easily download Electra jailbreak IPA from its official website.
Cydia Impactor is required to sideload the Electra IPA on your device and then run the jailbreak process from within your device. We have a detailed step-by-step guide on how to jailbreak iOS 11 – 11.1.2 using Electra.
Don’t forget to share your jailbreak experience in the comments section below.
What about those who haven’t updated to ios 11?
apple is signing ios 11.2.6 now, we can’t literally use the jailbreak tool. should we update to 11.2.6 hoping there would be a jailbreak for that version?
this way jailbreak tools always are behind apple releases of ios..
Shame on you there is iOS 11.3.1 jailbreak out you didn’t update
Shame on you there is iOS 11.3.1 jailbreak out and you didn’t update that
hi there i have iphone 5s version 10.3.3 how do i customs upgrade to any ios via itunes?
iOS 11.1.2, iOS 11.1.1, iOS 11.1 iOS 11.0.3, iOS 11.0.2, iOS 11.0.1, iOS 11
from where i can download it?
From where to begin?
please let me know, thanks!
also i have ipad mini 4 version 9.3.1 (13E238) – same question how to custom update to proper iOS 11 and after that jail brake?
please let me know, thanks!