The wait is over. Today, apple has launched its new 9.7-inch iPad whichis its cheapest tablet yet. This new iPad that is the successor of iPad Air 2, however, is not as good as the iPad Pro with 9.7-inch that is available in the market. As the new iPad is not as much appreciated as the current iPad Pro but one must have thought about how does it differ from the iPad Pro.
The design for the Apple’s new iPad and the iPad Pro is same but they differ from each other as the previous one is much thicker and slightly heavier than new iPad. Apart from these differences, Apple’s iPad Pro with 9.7-inch has packed more heat as more features with powerful internal components are installed within it. Let us have a look on differences b/w these two iPads, how they differ from each other.
- Both iPads have the same 9.7-inch multi-touch display screen with fingerprint- resistant OLEOPHOBIC coating.
- The iPad Pro with 9.7-inch’s display has anti-reflective coating lamination on it. It supports True Tone and also has Wide Color.
- The Apple’s new iPad has none of the features mentioned above.
- The iPad Pro also support Apple pencil while the new iPad lacks that features as well.
Design & Dimensions
- The 9.7-inch iPad Pro has Smart Connector which supports different accessories.The new iPad lacks this connector.
- The iPad Pro is thinner and lighter than the new iPad.
- The 9.7-inch iPad Pro is 6.1mm thick as compared to the new iPad which is 7.5mm thick.
- The iPad Pro weighs 437 gms whereas the new iPad is heavier which weighs at 469gms.
- There’s also chipset difference b/w these two iPads as the 9.7-inch iPad Pro powered A9X chipset while the new iPad has A9 chipset installed within.
- As compared to Apple’s A8 chip, this A9 chip 1.6x works faster CPU and 1.8X faster GPU. While the A9X chipset works as the 1.85x faster in CPU and 2.7X faster in GPU.
- The 9.7-inch iPad Pro has the 12MP rear camera and also allow 4k videos to record and play. While the new iPad features 8MP camera and allow HD videos to record.
- This new iPad cam records videos at the most slow motion of 120fps which is limited. While The 9.7-inch iPad Pro can record slo-mo videos at the rate of 240fps.
- The 9.7-inch iPad Pro has 5mp HD camera for Facetime. While the new iPad has the only 1.2mp front cam for Facetime.
- The 9.7-inch iPad Pro has retina flash whereas the new iPad has no retina flash.
TouchID, Apple Pay, Connectivity, Speakers
- Both iPads have the feature of Apple Pay and TouchID.
- The 9.7-inch iPad Pro has embedded Apple sim with it while the new iPad has an only nano-sim card slot.
- The 9.7-inch iPad Pro features four speakers whereas the new iPad has only two speakers.
Color & Storage
- The new iPad is available in three (Apple’s Basic) colors that are: Silver, Grey & Gold. While the 9.7-inch iPad Pro come along with another (fourth) color added to the list known as Rose Gold.
- The 9.7-inch iPad Pro is available having storage capacities up to 256GB whereas the new iPad only available up to 128GB storage capacity.
- Both iPad has good 10-hour battery life.
- The 9.7-inch iPad Pro features 27.5-watt hour battery while new iPad has larger 32.4-watt hour battery.
- The new iPad’s base model is available for $329 only.
- The 9.7-inch iPad Pro during its release at Apple store was much costly having price starting from $599.
If you had to decide between the two, which iPad would you buy? While the new iPad falls short of many features when compared to the 9.7-inch iPad but then it also is significantly cheaper.