With iOS 9, Apple introduced an awesome new feature called, “low power mode” for iPhone. Your iPhone, running iOS 9 or later, will always prompt you to activate low power mode whenever the battery charge goes down to 20%. But, if you want to, you can enable the low power mode feature even before that point to get more battery time out of your device usage.
Today’s life is connected with the mobile devices and the biggest fear of user is the low battery in the middle of a day. Apple knows and understands this issue very well and have come up with low power mode in iOS 9 as a remedy. Apple claims that the user can get 3 hours of extra battery time with low power mode activated.
How to enable Low Power Mode on iPhone
Simply follow these steps to enable the new low power mode on your iPhone running iOS 9 or later:
- Open the Settings application on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on Battery
- Toggle the Low Power Mode to on.
The battery icon on the status bar at the top of the screen of your iPhone should turn to yellow to indicate that your device is currently in low power mode.
Quickly enable or disable Low Power mode from Control Center
While you can easily enable or disable low power mode by going into Settings as explained above, there is also a quicker way to do that right from the Control Center, but for that you need to jailbreak your device on iOS 9:
- Download iOS 9.0.2 and install it using iTunes if you’re on an older software version. Now download Pangu jailbreak and follow this link to jailbreak iPhone 9.0.2 with Pangu.
- Now open Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone.
- Search and install CCSettings for iOS 8/9.
- After your iPhone has been restarted, open Settings app and go to CCSettings to configure the preferences.
- Now move the Low Power Mode within the top five under the “Include” section.
- Now bring up the Control Center by swiping your finger up from the bottom edge of the screen. You should see the neat little low power mode toggle tucked at the top.
- Tap on the toggle to quickly enable or disable the low power mode on your iPhone. Now that you have it on Control Center, you and access it from anywhere within the iOS.