Mass production of iPhone 6s slightly delayed; but won't affect the launch - iPhoneHeat

Mass production of iPhone 6s slightly delayed; but won’t affect the launch

The mass production of iPhoen 6s and the iPhone 6s Plus has been delayed by one to two weeks, according to KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. The analyst also adds that the launch of Apple’s next-generation devices, however, will not be affected by this delay.

iphone 6s concept

The analyst did not specify the exact reason behind this delay, however, he adds that the iPhone 6s and the 6s Plus will now enter into mass production late-August instead of Apple’s previously planned mid-August timeframe.

Kuo also said that Foxconn and Pegatron will be responsible for producing iPhone 6s for Apple this time around. Foxconn will be responsible for 60 percent of the total iPhone 6s units while Pegatron will be producing the remaining 40% units. iPhone 6 Plus, however, will only be produced by Foxconn. In order to cover for the 1-2 weeks delay, some of the Foxconn units will be working over time to ensure the in-time shipment for the launch.

In a separate report, Taiwanese media claims that in anticipation of decline in iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus sales due to the upcoming launch of new devices, Apple has reduced the order for its current-generation devices to make room for the manufacturing of iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

Apple is widely expected to unveil iPhone 6s and iPhoen 6s Plus in mid-sSeptember along with the launch of iOS 9. The next-generation iPhone models are expected to feature Force Touch display, faster A9 processor, 2GB of RAM, Series 7000 aluminum to address the Bend-gate scandal, 12MP rear camera, and a 5MP front-facing camera. An all new Rose Gold color is also rumored for Apple’s upcoming devices.

via [GforGames]

0 comments… add one

Leave a Comment