In this guide, you’ll learn how to jailbreak iOS 8.4 using TaiG jailbreak for Mac on any iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch device capable of running iOS 8.4 software. TaiG has updated its jailbreak tool with support for Mac OS X, previously only the Windows OS was supported.
Before continuing to the iOS 8.4 jailbreak process, check out he supported iOS version and iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch models:
- iOS 8.4, iOS 8.3, iOS 8.2 and iOS 8.1.3
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, and iPhone 4s
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, and iPad 4/3/2
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, and iPad mini
- iPod Touch 6g and iPod Touch 5g
If you’ve tried jailbreaking your device using TaiG, you’ll find the Mac OS X version identical to its Windows sibling. However, if it’s your first try and you have a Mac OS X machine, fret not, simply follow the detailed steps mentioned below.
- Disable any antivirus or firewall temporarily, as it may prevent TaiG from connecting to the internet.
- Backup your personal data on your device either via iCloud or iTunes. The jailbreak reportedly works just fine, backing up your stuff is just a precautionary step. Better safe than sorry.
- If your device is not running on iOS 8.4 software, download iOS 8.4 and then follow how to install iOS 8.4.
How to jailbreak iOS 8.4 on Mac OS X with TaiG
- Disable Passcode: Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.
- Turn off Find my iPhone: Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.
- Make sure your device is connected to your computer via USB cable.
- Download TaiG and extract it.
- Launch TaiG jailbreak app.
- TaiG should identify your device and will display the software version it is running.
- Un-check the “3K Assistant 2.3.0” to prevent the installation of Chinese app store.
- Click the large “Start” button in green.
- TaiG will begin jailbreak your iOS 8.4 device and a circular progress bar will appear.
- “Jailbreak Succeeded!” message with a smiley will appear on the screen as soon as the jailbreak process is completed successfully.
- You device will reboot and there should be a Cydia icon on the Home screen of your device.
That’s it! you’ve successfully jailbroken your device running iOS 8.4 using TaiG jailbreak for Mac OS X.
Also, check out: