Apple has released iOS 9 beta 3 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch to the registered iOS developers. The 3rd beta of Apple’s next major iOS software update comes with Apple Music and Apple News application.
iOS 9 beta 3 carries a build number 13A4293f. This 3rd beta comes just over two weeks after the availability 2nd beta. Apple had unveiled iOS 9 during WWDC 2015 keynote on June 8th. This major software update for Apple’s mobile operating system is set to bring numerous new features including Proactive Assistant, enhanced multitasking for iPads, transit directions in Maps, and lots more. Check out our detailed list iOS 9 features.
Last week, Eddy Cue has tweeted about iOS 9 to get full support for Apple Music – Apple’s Music streaming service – through third beta.Apple launched its music stream service better known as Apple Music, last week along with iOS 8.4.
The third beta of iOS 9 is only available to those enrolled into Apple’s Developer Program. A public beta of iOs 9 will also be available this month. If you’re a registered Apple Developer, you download iOS 9 beta 3 from your developer’s account.
Here’s what’s new in iOS 9 beta 3:
- Apple Music
- Apple News
- Separate folders for Selfies and screenshots in the Photos app.
- A new Music Settings option that allows you to stream “highest quality” songs over a cellular connection.
- iPad folders show app icons in 4×4, instead of 3×3.
- Improved two-step authentication
Just like the previous iOS 9 betas, the 3rd beta is available for the following devices:
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, Retina iPad mini (iPad mini 2), iPad mini
- iPod touch 5g
You can either download iOS 9 beta 3 from your Apple Developer Program account and then follow out guide on how to install iOS using iTunes to restore your device, or update via OTA feature if you’re already running iOS 9 beta. Also, check out how to install iOS 9 beta without developer account or registering UDID.