In this guide, we’ll show you how to jailbreak iOS 8.3, 8.2, 8.1.3 on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch using TaiG 2.0/2.1.2 jailbreak tool. Jailbreaking your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch running iOS 8.1.3 – iOS 8.3 using TaiG 2.0/2.1.2 is super easy, and takes minimal effort if the step-by-step instructions are followed closely.
The team TaiG has released TaiG 2.0/2.1.2, an updated version of their popular jailbreak tool, which now supports iOS 8.1.3 through iOS 8.3 on all the supported iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices. Before you proceed with the jailbreak, please read the important points first.
If you have already jailbreak your device with TaiG 2.0, follow this guide to upgrade to TaiG 2.1.2 and fix Cydia Substrate without re-jailbreak:
- TaiG 2.0/2.1.2 jailbreak is available for Windows only.
- It provides untethered jailbreak.
- Supported iOS versions include: iOS 8.3, iOS 8.2 and iOS 8.1.3.
- Disable any antivirus or firewall temporarily, as it may prevent TaiG from connecting to internet.
- Backup your personal data on your device either via iCloud or iTunes. The jailbreak reportedly works just fine, backing up your stuff is just a precautionary step. Better safe than sorry.
- Downgrade your iTunes to version 12.1 is order to avoid stuck at 20% progress during the jailbreak process.
How to jailbreak iOS 8.3, 8.2, 8.1.3 with TaiG
- Connect your device to your computer, launch iTunes and backup your device.
- Download the latest version of TaiG jailbreak from here: download TaiG jailbreak. Then unzip/extract the contents of the downloaded file.
- Make sure your device is connected to your computer via USB cable.
- Disable Passcode: Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.
- Turn off Find my iPhone: Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.
- Right-click on the TaiG application and select “Run as administrator” option.
- Let TaiG detect your connected device, which may take some time. Once your device has been identified, make sure it shows the correct version of iOS.
- Un-check the 3K Assistant 2.3.0 (TaiG’s App Store), right below Cydia option. Now click the large Start button in green to begin the jailbreak progress.
- TaiG will now begin the jailbreaking process and a circular progress bar will appear.
- Once the process has been completed successfully, a green smiley will appear on the screen saying “Jailbreak Succeeded!”. Your device will reboot and there should be a Cydia icon on the Home screen of your device.
Note: If your device is stuck at 30% or so then there’s nothing to worry about. Just wait for the process to progress, it can take more time if you’re using a virtual machine.
Troubleshooting Taig 2.0 jailbreak
- Fix ‘Apple Driver has not been found’ error with TaiG 2.0 jailbreak
- Fix TaiG Jailbreak stuck at 20% or error -1101
- Fix app icons disappearing with TaiG iOS 8.3 jailbreak
Let us know how it goes for you.