Apple has released Watch OS 1.0.1 with performance improvements and bug fixes. Since it’s the very first software update for Apple Watch, here’s a quick guide on how to install Watch OS update on Apple Watch.
Apple Watch software updates a similar to that of an iPhone and iPad software updates. Since Apple Watch compliments iPhone as an accessory, it cannot install software updated directly. Instead, Watch OS updates are installed through the Apple Watch companion app for iPhone.
To install Watch OS update on your Apple Watch, make sure:
- the Watch is in range of your connected iPhone.
- the Watch is connected to its magnetic charger and its battery is at least 50% charged.
Please note that the Watch OS update installation process could take 20-30 minutes.
How to Install Watch OS Software Update on Apple Watch
- Connect your iPhone to a WiFi network and launch the Apple Watch companion app on iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch tab.
- Tap on General.
- Now tap on Software Update.
- Tap on Download and Install.
- Enter your iPhone Passcode, if you’ve set any and tap Done.
- Then tap on Agree, to agree to the Terms and Conditions of the update.
- Make sure battery is 50% charged and the Watch is connected to the charger.
Finally tap on Install to begin the Update installation process.
- The Watch OS update will now be downloaded and then transferred to your Apple Watch and then Apple Watch will reboot to apply the update. The process may take several minutes, so be patient.
You can follow the update installation progress on the Apple Watch screen and once it’s done, you’ll be all set to use your newly installed Watch OS software update on your Apple Watch.
More Apple Watch Tips
- Apple Watch tips
- How to take screenshot on Apple Watch
- How to set up Apple Watch and pair with your iPhone
- How to remove a card from Apple Pay on Apple Watch