If you own a new iPhone, iPad, or Mac, you may have come across the iCloud option when you first setup your iPhone or iPad. iCloud is Apple’s own cloud based syncing and backup storage solution for iOS, and OS X users. It keeps all your personal data including photos, videos, contacts, apps and more on Apple’s cloud based storage and allows users to sync and access their information from all the devices where they’ve set up the iCloud account. You can easily create iCloud account on your iOS device, Mac, or even on Windows computer.
The latest version of iOS provides numerous new features integrated with iCloud. In this guide we will talk about the following two ways to create iCloud account:
- Create iCloud account on iPhone, or iPad
- Create iCloud account on Mac OS X
Please note that all the Apple IDs come with an associated iCloud ID. If you create an Apple ID, it will create an iCloud account too. Below you can find detailed instructions on creating an iCloud ID on iOS device, Mac or a Windows PC.
How to Create iCloud account on iPhone, or iPad
If you want to create your iCloud ID on an iOS device such as iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, here’s how you can do that:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- Go to “iCloud”.
- Tap on “Sign In with Your Apple ID” and input your Apple ID and password if you already have one.
If you do not currently have an Apple ID, tap on “Create a Free Apple ID” and follow the prompts to create an ID for use with iCloud.
- You can either use your existing email ID to create and iCloud ID on iOS, or you can choose to create a free iCloud.com email ID.
How to Create iCloud account on Mac
These are the steps to create an iCloud ID on your mac and have access to your files in the cloud:
- Make sure you Mac is running the latest version of OS X. Click on Apple menu and then go to “Software Update.” This should check if there’s an update available for your device. Download and install if there’s an update available.
- Now go to Apple menu and choose “System Preferences”.
- Under “Internet and Wireless” section, click on “iCloud”.
- Click on the option to create an Apple ID.
- You can choose to either “Use an existing email address” or “Get a free iCloud email address.”
- Enter you email, username and password and then follow the on screen instruction to create an iCloud ID.
- Once you’ve created an iCloud account and logged in, your iCloud account is ready for use. You’ll then be able to enable your desired services and options to access and sync Documents, Mail, Photos, Safari, and more using iCloud.