The team Pangu has released iOS 8.1 – iOS 8 jailbreak dubbed as “Pangu”. Pangu is the first ever jailbreak tool released to jailbreak iOS 8.1 and iOS 8 on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. So Pangu has jailbreak iOS 8 after 35 days of its public release. You can download Pangu to jailbreak iOS 8.1 – iOS 8 devices from the download links below.
Pangu jailbreak release is indeed a great news for the jailbreak community. According to the official site, Pangu jailbreak supports the following devices:
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4s
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini
- iPod touch 5g
Pangu is not only first to jailbreak iOS 8, it has also become the very first jailbreak tool to jailbreak iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6 – Apple’s newly launched smartphones. The Team Pangu has released the tool for Windows only for now, and a Mac version will follow soon.
Pangu8 jailbreak currently doesn’t come with Cydia built-into it because of some issues with Cydia, however, you can install Cydia after jailbreaking your device manually. Pangu8 itself provides basic SSH access making it a release targeted towards developers. But now that Cydia has been updated for iOS 8, it’ll just be a matter of time for team Pangu to bundle Cydia into it.
Preparing for the iOS 8 – iOS 8.1 jailbreak
- The first thing one should do before trying any jailbreak tool is to backup their personal stuff on the device.
- It’s advised to update to iOS 8.1 or restore to iOS 8.1 using iTunes before going for the jailbreak process. Restoring via iTunes is the recommended way to go.
- The Team Pangu advises to disable lock screen passcode and Find My iPhone by going into Settings > iCloud before trying the jailbreak process.
- Users must have storage space left on their devices in order to inject the Pangu jailbreak exploits.
Download Pangu8 Jailbreak
You can download Pangu jailbreak from our dedicated page: download Pangu.
We’ll be posting a detailed guide on how to use Pangu8 to jailbreak iOS 8.1 – iOS 8. Stay Tuned!