Google, during the Google I/O 2013 keynote, announced a unified platform for its communication services. Before this, the Google’s communication services spread across Gmail, Google+ and Google talk. But from now on, all these communication services will be available as a unified “Hangouts” app for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Hangouts brings one-on-one and group conversations to life with photos, emoji, and video calls for free. Connect with friends across computers, phones and tablets.
Here are the features of Hangouts:
- Group conversations are better than ever. Send photos or emoji, see when people are engaged in the Hangout and message friends anytime, even if they’re not connected right now.
- Video calls make Hangouts more fun. Turn any conversation into a video call with up to 10 friends.
- All your friends can use Hangouts. Hangouts works on computers, phones, and tablets, so you can connect with everyone.
- View and continue your Hangouts across devices.
- Get notifications just once. After you see an alert, it’ll be removed on other devices.
- Snooze your notifications if you’d prefer to respond later.
- See what you talked about in the past, including shared photos and your video call history.
- Keep a record of any Hangout for just a short period of time by turning history off.
- View collections of photos shared from each of your Hangouts.
- Choose from over 850 emoji to express what’s on your mind.
You can download Hangouts for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch from the App Store for free.
[Download Link – iTunes]