Ever wanted to gift an iPhone or iPad app to your loved ones? Whether it’s for the holidays, birthday, or for any reason, Apple makes it easy to gift iPad/iPhone apps available in the app store. Not sure how to gift an iOS app? Hit the jump to learn…
You can either gift an iPad or iPhone app store app right from your iPhone/iPad or you can also do it from iTunes. We will discuss both methods to gift app store apps.
How to Gift Apps from iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
- Open the App Store app from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch;
- Now search for the app that you wwish to gift to someone and tap on it;
- Now Tap on the share button at the Top-Right corner;
- Choose the Gift option;
- Input your “To” , “From” and “Subject” information;
- Scroll down and set when you want to send the gift i.e. Today or some other date;
- Tap on the Next button at top-right corner;
- Now choose the theme for your gifted app and tap on Next button;
- Review and confirm your gift details and tap the Buy Gift button;
- Finally tap the Done button.
That’s it! You’ve just sent or scheduled to send an iPad/iPhone app as a gift to your loved ones.
How to Gift App Store Apps from iTunes
The other way to Gift app store apps is by using iTunes:
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC;
- Click on iTunes Store in the left sidebar. (On iTunes 11, it’s at top-right side if you’ve not shown the sidebar);
- Click on the App Store that the top bar or simply search for the app you want to gift;
- Once you’ve found the app you want to gift, click the dropdown arrow button next to Buy/Download/Downloaded buttonand choose Gift This App option;
- This will take you to the Give a Gift page. You can either choose to Send gift via e-mail or Print gift myself to give to yourself. Print option doesn’t require an email. Fill out the form and click Continue;
- You’ll be asked for iTunes credentials, type in and click continue;
- On the next page review your gift details and click on Buy Gift button;
- A confirmation page will appear. Click Done button.
That’s it! you’ve gifted an App store app from iTunes successfully.
More Tips for iPhone, iPad
How to: How to Send Contact Card From iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
How to: Add Contacts to iPhone
How to: Sync Google Contacts with iOS Using CardDAV
How to: Change iPhone Carrier Logo
How to: Set up Multiple Email Signatures in iOS 6