iOS 5.1 for Apple TV 3G and Apple TV 2G is now available for download. Apple has just released iOS 5.1 build 10A406e for both second and third generation Apple TVs. Hit the jump to download Apple TV iOS 5.1 firmware for Apple TV 3G & 2G…
iOS 5.1 firmware brings support for Shared Photo Streams, sending audio content from the Apple TV to AirPlay-enabled speakers and devices (including AirPort Express and other Apple TVs), and the ability to switch between multiple iTunes accounts.
- Trailers – Search movie trailers. In the United States, see show times for local theaters.
- Screen savers – New Cascade, Shrinking Tiles, and Sliding Panels screen savers.
- Main menu – Reorder icons on the second page by holding down the select button on the remote.
- Subtitles – SDH support for the deaf and hard-of-hearing as well as improvements to viewing and selecting subtitles.
- Network configuration – Support for setting up advanced network options using configuration profiles. See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5437 for more information.
- Stability and performance – Includes general performance and stability improvements.
How to Update
To update your Apple TV 3G or Apple TV 2G to iOS 5.1 (10A406e), go to the Settings > General > Update Software. You can also manually restore by downloading the firmwares linked below.
Note: If you want to jailbreak your Apple TV 5.1, better sit tight for the time being and hold-off from updating.
nice post, i really like it……….