Google Chrome for iPhone and iPad is now available in the appstore for free. Apple won’t allow you to make Chrome your default browser on iPhone and iPad but don’t worry, jailbreak community is there to help you make Chrome your default iOS browser.
Hit the jump to learn how to make Chrome default browser on iPhone and iPad…
BrowserChooser is a new jailbreak tweak available in Cydia, developed by Ryan Petrich, that lets you make Google Chrome your default browser on your iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch).
This is what Petrich tweeted:
BrowserChooser is up on rpetri.ch/repo. Loving Chrome for iOS so much that it had to be built.
How to Make Chrome Default Browser on iOS
We assume that your device is jailbroken…
- Download Chrome app on your iPhone, iPad;
- To install BrowserChooser on your jailbroken device, open Cydia;
- Go to: Manage > Source > Edit > Add;
- input the following URL: rpetri.ch/repo and tap;
- Now to go to Search tab and search for ‘BrowserChooser’ and install it;
- Once installed, you can make Chrome your default browser from the stock Settings app.
Don’t forget to share your Chrome experience on iOS in the comments section below…